• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mok'nathal chaman

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
A model of Mok'Nathal shaman I've made from shaman orc model base. I stretched the base model of the grunt to make a larger body to feel the genetics of the ogre. Finally I used to asset s from both ogres and orcs culture since Mok'Nathal is the offspring of these two barbaric cultures.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lore :

The mok'nathal are half-ogre, half-orc hybrids once enslaved by Bladespire ogres. The mok'nathal formed the bulk of the Bladespire army that rampaged across Frostfire, seizing many tracts of resource-rich land.

The united Frostwolf and Whiteclaw army fought the Bladespire and managed to capture a number of mok'nathal, including their elder Leoroxx. Garad, chieftain of the Frostwolf was surprised to learn that Leoroxx and the other mok'nathal were not willing servants but slaves. Him and Leoroxx came to an agreement to help each other destroy the Bladespire clan forever. The Battle of Bladespire dragged on for a full bloody day before the orcs and mok'nathal drove the ogres out. In the heart of the fortress, Leoroxx strangled Imperator Kelgrok with the chains he had worn for so much of his life.

Afterward, Garad offered Leoroxx and his people land in Frostfire, but Leoroxx declined because he knew the half-breeds would never truly be accepted by the orcs. The mok'nathal settled in a remote corner of Gorgrond. Resources were scarce, but they were able to live in peace.

Since Draenor destruction due to Nerz'hul magics, their last remaining settlement is Mok'Nathal Village in the eastern area of the Blade's Edge Mountains.
Previews
Contents

Icons (Icon)

Mok'nathal chaman (Model)

Mok'nathal chaman Portrait (Model)

but wasn't the blue skin caused by Gul'dan's bastardization of the runestone in Caer Darrow?

For what I know the only alteration due to Gul'dan's magic is the second head (which already exist before but was very rare).

I don't think there is some rule about the blue skin ; in wc3 only Ogres Magi have blue skin but in WoW it seems to depend of the clan : for exemple in Bladespire clan from Frostfire (in WoD - so before Gul'dan's alteration) all the individuals of the clan have blue skin.

Level 4
For what I know the only alteration due to Gul'dan's magic is the second head (which already exist before but was very rare). I don't think there is some rule about the blue skin ; in wc3 only Ogres Magi have blue skin but in WoW it seems to depend of the clan : for exemple in Bladespire clan from Frostfire (in WoD - so before Gul'dan's alteration) all the individuals of the clan have blue skin.
It can exist in a way... It can be a brawny mega-Troll, all that remains is to increase the nose and ears Lol

edit.: I even liked the idea, I will edit the face at the RMS and use in my map, it as a Troll-creep level 9.

Last edited:
Love the concept and execution.
I'd love classic Shaman with Mok'nathal skin colour as well though.
Well, if you download these files, you'll find the skin in .dds. And if you import it alone in WC editor and rename it "Units/Orc/Shaman/Orc_Shaman_Main_Diffuse.dds" you will actually have the classic model with my edited skin.