• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modifying Tilesets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Yes, it is. I managed to changed mine, but I thought the editor was screwed up because, after you change the tiles, you still can't place them (if you try to apply them on the terrain, nothing happens). At the time, I did not know of these «actors». The key to solve the issue might relate to them.

Changing the tiles is very easy, and it's a lot less restricted than it was in Warcraft III. You can also change cliffs and roads. The only problem is that there's a maximum of 8 tiles and 4 cliffs allowed per map.

Yes, it is. I managed to changed mine, but I thought the editor was screwed up because, after you change the tiles, you still can't place them (if you try to apply them on the terrain, nothing happens). At the time, I did not know of these «actors». The key to solve the issue might relate to them.

I'm pretty sure all you need to do, Rui, is close and reopen your map or switch to another map briefly then switch back. Whenever you make a new unit or adjust the terrain/environment through the data editor, it usually doesn't show properly until you do this.

Level 16
So, how would I do it? Map -> Map Textures seems to change the entire set. I just want to import 2 textures.
It's indeed unbelievable that the tileset limit hasn't been increased.

EDIT: Never mind the first, I figured it out. Data Editor -> Data Type: Terrain Texture Sets -> Pick your terrain -> scroll down to the list with textures.

{EDIT}
Wow. I just changed the tileset completely, but the old terrain didn't adjust to the new tileset. It's a bit annoying, having to change the sets every time (and restart), but it allows you to exceed the tileset limit!

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
go to data editor
then choose terrain textures set then choose your set(Bel'shir(jungle))
then textures-blend and add what you need maybe this is all

Status
Not open for further replies.