• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A strange observation, any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I was trying to swap a few tile textures in my map, get rid of ones I didn't need for ones I'd much rather have.

The ones I got rid of are still on the map. If I paint over them, then remove whatever I just painted, it reverts to some tile that is still part of the tileset.

For instance, a large section of my map was bel'shir dark dirt, I removed dark dirt from the tileset and changed it to something from char, I don't know, not important. The bel'shir dark dirt is STILL on the map!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not submitting a problem, in fact I think I've found a massive loop hole that will allow me to use all the tiles I want! Just curious if anyone thinks this could cause problems down the line.

Level 2
Hehe thats a nice little trick you got there but im sure once the retail version of the game comes out it will work more like warcraft 3 in terms of swapping terrains but you never know they may make it so you can use all terrain on every stage *yay*, as far as it causing problems if it hasn't already than i see why it wouldn't later.

Status
Not open for further replies.