• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Datamining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I've been doing some datamining and I can tell you a bit about the editor. There are MANY tilesets.

-Agria (Grassy/forest)
-Aiur (Ruins)
-Albion (Rocky/grassland)
-Avernus (Rustic ruins)
-Bel Shir (Grass/forest/dirt)
-Braxis (Dusty/rustic metal/rocks)
-Castanar (Frozen installation? There's no outside...)
-Char (Lava/Dirt)
-Haven (Basically the Lordaeron Summer tileset of Starcraft 2)
-Helios (Desert)
-Korhal (There are tilesets of Korhal1 - Korhal8, each tileset has one texture? Also, dirt/installation)
-Mar Sara (Desert/Barren rock/installation)
-Meinhoff (A twilight landscape, but uses "white sand" as well...)
-Monlyth (Ice/snow/rustic installation)
-New Folsom (Rustic dirt installation)
-Niflheim (The real snow/ice! Only one of the 8 tiles is installation)
-Port Zion (darkish dirt installation, rustic, lots of vents, so old really)
-Redstone (Just what it says... Looks like red sulfur and lava)
-Shakuras (Twilight/snow/dark rock)
-Tasonis (Surprisingly, darkish tan dirt/sand and installation)
-Typhon (Same deal as Korhal...? Also, kind of hard to see, but it looks like very VERY dark red rocks... No lava however)
-Tyrador (The SC2 version of the WC3 tileset "Cityscape", but in the future. Dirt, sand, and lots of tiles, little installation)
-Ulaan (Dark snow/ice and dark rock)
-Valhalla (Bright sand, dark rocks, and installation)
-Xil (Here's a grassland, it's what Steppes of War is in, grassland, sand, dirt, shrubs, no installations)
-Zhakuldas (Dark ice/snow/rocks, but there's a tile of grass too... Strange)

attachment.php

EDIT: Fully described and tabled.

Attachments

• SC2TERRAINTABLE.png
    SC2TERRAINTABLE.png
    502.7 KB · Views: 5,226
Last edited:
Level 22
Where is my snow???? Glad you started this topic, I was wondering whether to start a terrain topic. So I already know that there is Jungle, Space Platform, Twilight, Red Desert (like Mars), Desert (Desert Oasis), Cityscape (Metalopolis - <3 that map). In the MPQ there is Lava (Char apparently) and I didnt see snow anywhere.

Level 12
Now that I'm back home I'll complete the descriptions. I just had to go so I wrapped it up quickly. There's bound to be more snow. And if not, there are always mods.

EDIT: Fully described. Table'ing it with images. Also, the snow you're looking for is found on the tileset "Niflheim", one of the ones I hadn't yet described.

Last edited:
Level 12
Almost done with the table.
A preview of every single f***ing tile available in the whole GAME is going up in this. =3

Level 6
Blizzard always dishes out some kind of snow map in their expansions, so don't worry. It's like a tradition for them.

Level 12
Yes.
First, I believe tiles apply as a doodad-like thing, that's a smooth circle, for much more diverse and realistic terrains.
Also, it'll automatically generate doodads on top of specific terrain, EX heavy leaves might get some small shrubs, and valley grasses get some flowers, depending on your graphics level.

Yeah, there's a setting in the beta that effects the amount of shrubbery visible. What I heard about the tiles was the same as what you just said. I hope you can take the "brush" down to small sizes and get really detailed. My issues with Warcraft III terraining were that the tiles were really large and the transitions were always very obvious.

Level 12
Heh, I'm just that awesome. =3

Question, Hawk. How the hell did you manage to give me FOUR +rep all at once? I thought the max of a normal user was two.

Tyrador? I think you mean Meinhoff and Niflheim. But even so, turns out Meinhoff is white sand, not snow. For snow, do Niflheim, for ice, do Ulaan.

Heh, I'm just that awesome. =3

Question, Hawk. How the hell did you manage to give me FOUR +rep all at once? I thought the max of a normal user was two.

Well, I have 650 rep. Also, the fact that I was once on the staff might have messed it up, but I don't really know.

Yeah that's what I'do - ciyscape and replace the grass with snow :)

I'd like to see that. Hopefully they don't do what they sometimes did in Warcraft three and place little green grasses in the cracks of tiles. :p

But I wondered, if seasons are available we could make it seasonal lol. Dont know if there is fall terrain

Nothing a little recolour can't fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.