• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Creating a new asset folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm making a map that requires the use of palm trees and instead of going through and doing every single tree manually I would like to create a new set of trees that I can set as a model consisting of 2 models from aiur and 2 from bel'shir.

How would I go about creating a new asset folder and adding those models into said folder?

Level 12
If you mean models with variants, they don't depend that much on folders, but on model name. (If there are more than 1 variant, a _00 to _XX suffix is added to the name)

Create new Doodad actor (or copy one of the tree ones). Set basic model to one of the trees, and add a new event
Actor Creation
PassChance 50%
ModelSwap TheOtherTree

I guess you could use triggers, but I accidentally did this once with a battlecruiser.
Literally.. I just had 2 actors on the same unit.
One happened to be bigger than the other, so I noticed the weird effect it created;
Two battlecruisers in one.

Edit: And I'm sure you could find a way to attach the actor to a specific attachment point,
(I'm really too novice to know how to change actor attachment point positions).

Status
Not open for further replies.