• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modifying map's banks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've found that banks are stored as .sc2bank files in a non encrypted manner, i've opened a few with notepad and it's very easy to change the values.

Such as for marine arena, the new table shows total kills, i changed my total kills to "9999999" for fun, command center kills to "1337" and wins to "1337".

Now, you may ask. where are these .sc2bank files?

(user)/My documents/Starcraft II/Accounts/Random number/1-Random number/banks then there should be folders that say 1-S2-1-number and these are your maps with banks. I'm pretty sure this isn't considered hacking, just fun. as i'd suspect people would encrypt their rpg's banks.

Level 19
I've found that banks are stored as .sc2bank files in a non encrypted manner, i've opened a few with notepad and it's very easy to change the values.

Such as for marine arena, the new table shows total kills, i changed my total kills to "9999999" for fun, command center kills to "1337" and wins to "1337".

Now, you may ask. where are these .sc2bank files?

(user)/My documents/Starcraft II/Accounts/Random number/1-Random number/banks then there should be folders that say 1-S2-1-number and these are your maps with banks. I'm pretty sure this isn't considered hacking, just fun. as i'd suspect people would encrypt their rpg's banks.

Most non-retards do something that item 1 is 384901.2049-509a and they get that as a varaible. if the have something like Grand Omega Sword as the xml, theyre asking to get hacked. Like zerg hunter. i gave myself the secert hero that is yet to be implement :)

Level 11
So I guess the next question would be how to make map banks more secure to prevent people from abusing them like this?
Encryption.

Also, since it doesn't have the crazy small limit on the bank size, you can create an extremely difficult to break code (checksums to prevent anyone from modifying it). Furthermore, Blizzard is adding the ability to get a players name as a string soon, so you can use that to encrypt the code too.

Oh yeah also Blizzard is adding the ability to store banks on their servers to prevent modification sometime, so yeah. :O

Level 8
Kill, it's sube2. My char code is 813. Add me. But anywho, onto your thread. Makin an unchangeable bank is, to my knowledge, impossible as of now. BUT, you can make an unreadable bank. Easily. Make your variables long confusing characters. Such as "PlayerKills" = "1accCC32213kickapoo". Number 2, make all your store key's something unrealistically long and confusing. Such as "Score" = "1`3723u2190372ufisfhfuwfuiwafh891276248wrjhrauwfhwufhawisjfh2916724724j24y21b4h2f4y1j4g2y1g4h12g4y21g42h1gy4g21h4bhv42h14hf2h4b21h4f21h4b21y4gj214vyh2g4j21g4uy21g4j21=12h4214w78erqh23213-132etgwquyeg2734g21g2gg2g13424g214g214wqhqwtgeqwheeh2y14214-214h2421u7924h2144hy214874h28142h421i4j. . . ." You should probably make it look like coding language so that people who look at it don't just say "Wow that's random, I can find what I need to change." ALl you have to do is copy your key's to both the loading section and saving section, so it comes out working just fine, but to any player it's a 3 page wordpad shit house. Hope that helped :)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Finally blizzard did something right. Protecting maps from the smart is stupid. If you have the knowledge to generate your own rigged game play bank, you diserve it. I plan to test this out tomorrow on the Night special forces map to see if I can generate myself a maximum unlocked code through its encryption.

All banks should use a checksum and scramble rather than padding for the best results as that avoids unnescesary file size while providing optimum protection (as it will actually detect damage). If padding must be used, avoid too much (double would be more than enough due to exponential behaviour).

SC2mapster seems so far ahead of this site sadly. I do not see stuff like that posted here (even more ethical stuff).

Level 10
I've been doing this since day 1. Runling Run was the most fun, as in a matter of minutes I had the 4 classes with maxed levels. ;)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Basically all you have to do is add in commands that arbitrarily modify your score, then get the bank to save itself, and bam, you have uber point code.
Yes which 99% or more of SC2 players can not do without relying on someone else to do it for them.

I've been doing this since day 1. Runling Run was the most fun, as in a matter of minutes I had the 4 classes with maxed levels. ;)
I do not think the EU servers had such a map, eithor that or I missed it while it was popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.