• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Models?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
warman45... that is rather ignorant... saying that them making their maps in the editor deduces that they manage to use low space is... ridiculous. All of their models are in their mpq file. It doesn't add any more filesize to the map itself -.-

However, I do believe that Blizzard would support their modders and increase the map filesize cap for online play so that those creative enough to create models won't have to be overly worried about the increase in the filesize as opposed to the Warcraft 3 models.

Level 22
I posted somewhere: marauder is around 700 KB, some units are like 150 KB and Thor is 1.06 MB. So, I was getting sick of these war3 triangleed arms, triangled everything... And when sum1 makes a better quality - too many polys - fine make a trianlge head man, a very low quality sphere 'just to fit war3'. Welcome my dear hi quality models.

Status
Not open for further replies.