• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SC2 model editing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
3ds max free full

Does anyone know a good model editor/tutorial/converter for sc2 that DOESNT cost me over $0.01?

Last edited:
Level 19
Im pretty new :( ive never modeled b4

Edit : im looking for 3ds max free full

Last edited:
Level 19
z.z so there is no way to make sc2 models (yet) without buying something / breaking law? -.-

Level 22
I'd like to see an equivalent of War3 Model Editor that imports 3ds and saves as M3. That would allow people using other than 3ds max to export to 3ds and then to M3. Though I'm not sure what will remain as animation from double conversion.

So they made an exporter for M3 for 3ds max a long time ago and yet no news anywhere that anyone is working on such tool or that such tools will be made ever.

Level 22
No... been asked couple of times now...

From what I understood the problem is that you can't make good animations... Otherwise I see no reason to be unusable, going to make good animations. I don't work on Human-like models that walk/jump etc so it wouldnt be a prob for me if this is the reason for not using ms3d.

Ofc someone would need to write an exporter.

Triceron

Hosted Project: W3CSW
Level 11
You can use any 3D program to create content as long as you can export them out as a filetype that 3DSmax can recognize (.obj, .3ds, .fbz etc)

3DS Max is currently the only program able to export models (using NiNtoxicated01's export script, and later when Blizzard releases their art tools). You can download the trial for 3DS Max for free, and it lasts 30 days. It's usable to export using the max scripts, and fully functional for that duration.

You can use any free program to model/texture custom content, then simply install 3DS Max trial when you're ready to export. The only other solution is Gmax; though I don't know if the exporter is compatible with that.

Level 22
I can get 3ds max, the point is for me and many others, it is much, much lighter to use Milkshape for creating and texturing the mesh. So, all we need is an exporter and whoever wants to use ms3d whoever wants to use 3ds max.

Do you know what is the most weird? It looks like the enthusiasts are gone. For war3 there were tools like War3 Model Editor since early times. TBH if they had a 'SC2 Model Editor' that can import Milkshape and 3DS MAX models and save it as M3, who would even need exporter plug ins? And I don't see any1 wanting to make plugin for MS3D, not to say a 'SC2 Model Editor'. Gee where is the news that such great tool will be made?

Status
Not open for further replies.