• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] models not appearing in map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
hey there,

I'm back to modding after a few months of not touching it and I seem to be a little rusty. I created a map with a bunch of custom models and had everything up and running. then I transferred everything to a new map and now a lot of the models are not appearing even though I re-imported and re-named all of the files one by one. I'm sure I knew how to do this half a year ago but don't remember what I have to do to get them to work now. any help would be great...

thanks!

Nvm found answer sorry. moderators plz delete post.

Last edited:
Level 2
hey there,

I'm back to modding after a few months of not touching it and I seem to be a little rusty. I created a map with a bunch of custom models and had everything up and running. then I transferred everything to a new map and now a lot of the models are not appearing even though I re-imported and re-named all of the files one by one. I'm sure I knew how to do this half a year ago but don't remember what I have to do to get them to work now. any help would be great...

thanks!

Nvm found answer sorry. moderators plz delete post.
Wait was the answer? I'm having the same issue.

Level 21
check the tips at the bottom of this:

at large it has to do with a lot of saving and restarting the world editor between different stages of importing.

if I remember correctly, the most important is to save and close the editor between importing the files, and trying to use them = setting them as the models for units in game.

Status
Not open for further replies.