• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

instant weapon type projectile art not appearing for targeted custom model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
this is very hard to explain so ill do my best and hopefully someone can help me here.

Basically ive changed my SC siege tank attack animation from a missile projectile to a instant weapon animation to recreate the old siege tank attack animation from SC. Now at first i thought everything was fine as i had been testing the new animation on the wc3 hydraslisk and zergling models. But when i tried attacking a custom made sc model (killst4rs) for example the attack animation on the target unit(custom model) isnt appearing.

Now the instant weapon animation im using is the mortar team weapon model. It creates a little bomb explosive at the targeted unit which is perfect for what i want. Now is there any reason why this animation wont appear for a custom made unit. I think its got something to do with missing bones in the custom model.

Can anyone help

Level 7
If the custom model is missing the attachment point used for the instant weaponry animation, then thats the problem.

ah that makes sense then. so can i just add the attachment points onto the model through one of the icon viewing programs or does the model need to be edited with like 3D max???

Also any idea what the attachment points on models???

Level 11
You can probably add the attachment points needed using one of the free tools in the tools section of this website. Unfortunitly, I'm not really familiar on how to use them, but it shouldn't be that hard...

Status
Not open for further replies.