• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

models are getting so unoriginal....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
As I've seen on this site for the past week or so.... and before. People have just been exporting models from WoW and posting them. not that the models arnt kool but why not export from a different game. Like Battle for Middle Earth, or Starcraft. or other games. It would change up the variety of the models and make more options available. As a topic was posted a while ago regaurding the types of models the people wanted, good ones but not varied. or various crap which all can use, improve and edit. I think everyone agreed on the VARIOUS crap. This site was made for many DIFFERENT types of models. The WoW models are just so unoriginal, i feel. Not that it is easy to export it or whatever, im justsaying we need more ideas.... before warcraft vanishes from the face of this earth....

Level 25
Who cares about Battle for Middle Earth and Starcraft uses 2D sprites

Trust someone who's RIPPED the bloody things from the game data

And its obviously WoW models because this is a site about, zomg, Warcraft 3, which was the game just before it!

Oh, but I am sick of the WoW models. I'd prefer some useful stuff, but none of your BfME or SC stuff. I'd prefer stuff MADE for Warcraft

Level 17
Rao Dao Zao said:
What I'm not so happy about is the fact that whenever anything remotely interesting and made specifically for warcraft (scratch or otherwise) comes along, it gets flooded out a day later by WoW rips. It's damned annoying.

Well, before they were flooded by waves of geomerges, so... it's not a big difference in the end.

Level 8
People just export/Upload WoW models because they are easy and fast to export (exept character models).

It will die down soon when there are no more models left to export, I don't mind if people export WoW models that have no resembelance to the Wc3 ones, because those are more original than, say, a Mountain Giant.
One thing I do hate is the fact that people upload WoW models that have ALL of their animations, and NONE of their useless geosets removed. Makes me want to scream.

Level 22
Posting WoW models leaves more models available to be edited, much like the original wc3 models. Its basically a whole new archive to exploit, and makes for a lot more modeling opportunities. No one is saying that one cannot beging geomorging/reskinning wow models to make even more unique stuff.

Exports from other games are fine. Edits of exports of other games are fine, but everyone know those who scratch model will always get the most respect. Nuff said.
-VGsatomi

Status
Not open for further replies.