1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Modeling Contest 23: POLL

Discussion in 'Poll Depository' started by anarchianbedlam, May 5, 2012.

?

Vote for the best model!

Poll closed May 26, 2012.
  1. [URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2142047-post118.html"]Skrab's "Human Garrison"[/URL]

13.6%
  2. [URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2142261-post124.html"]M0rbid's "Protoss Obelisk"[/URL]

22.0%
  3. [URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2141469-post114.html"]Massivemaster's "Medieval Castle"[/UR

39.0%
  4. [URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2142758-post128.html"]PROXY's "PandarenTemple"[/URL]

15.3%
  5. [URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2137041-post99.html"]Eubz's "Citadel"[/URL]

3.4%
  6. [URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2142738-post127.html"]Wandering Soul's "Village-Town-City"[

5.1%
  7. [URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2134584-post86.html"]Tirlititi's "BlackTower"[/URL]

1.7%
  1. anarchianbedlam

anarchianbedlam

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
    3-TIER BUILDING

[r]
    Contestants are asked to model a 3-tier building.
    A structure that can be 'upgraded' a minimum of
    2 times. This does not mean that it has 2 alternate
    upgrades, the upgrades must be "tiered".

[​IMG]
    • No submission may violate any Hive Workshop site rules.
      • This includes, but is not limited to, using other people's work (partially or otherwise) without express permission
    • You must post at least 1 WIP preview before the deadline.
    • You may make as many models as you want, however pick only one for the final judge's evaluation.
    • To qualify for entry, you must post your model(s) in .mdx format, and a screenshot of the model.
    • You must post your entry before the deadline expires and attach it to a post.
    • You must make the model for this competition, which means that you cannot use old works.
    • Your model must have these minimum animations:
      • Birth
      • Birth Upgrade First
      • Birth Upgrade Second
      • Death
      • Decay
      • Portrait
      • Stand
      • Stand Upgrade First
      • Stand Upgrade Second
        --OPTIONAL--
      • Death Upgrade First
      • Death Upgrade Second
      • Portrait Upgrade First
      • Portrait Upgrade Second
      • Stand Work
      • Stand Work First
      • Stand Work Second

[​IMG]
    The Judge's score shall be taken out of 100 points for the following categories
    MESH
    The geometry of the model, the wireframe that gives your model a physical form and silhouette. Does the shape look clean or deformed? Are all ends capped, are there any stray faces, etc?
    The movement of your model. The animations give your model life, character, a personality. Are these animations smooth or choppy? Are they organic or cold and robotic, was this intended? Do the animations deform or clip parts of the mesh?
    The skin, or texture of a model expresses many important aspects of the character. Is the texture well made; is it blurry, does it have a pleasant color scheme, does it have detail, etc? Or, if blizzard textures were used, how well was it wrapped? Are there parts that are clipped, misaligned or stretched?
    The Overall concept of your model, it's essence. Is this a creative idea? Or, if the general idea has been used before, how has the creator 'made it his own'? What has he added to make it special, or different from the ones that have come before him?
    Does this model work ingame, in all aspects of wc3? Is it visible when imported, is the texture pathname hard to import, are chunks of the mesh loose and flying around, is the texture the correct proportion, is the model a relatively manageable size (in kilobytes), do all the animations play properly ingame, do all the particles/ribbon emitters work, and so on. How well does this model fit in wc3? would it be useful in a map or would it look better in crysis 2?
    The ol' "razzle-dazzle". Special effects add a factor of 'shock and awe'. Particle emitters, ribbon emitters, and sometimes geometry (such as shockwave planes or 3d-debris) are part of the animation process, but their implementation is less essential. However, good effects can greatly increase the quality of a model.

Final Score will be taken out of...
    Judge's Score
    Public Poll
    60% 40%

[​IMG]

- Mechanical Man -
    - Anarchianbedlam -

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    1st
    [50] reputation points and
    your entry on an award icon
    2st
    [35] reputation points
    and an award icon
    3st
    [20] reputation points
    and an award icon

OPENS
    CLOSES
    MAY
    05th
    MAY
    26th

You have 3 weeks, 21 days, or 504 hours
    to vote for your favorite submission.

[​IMG]

Participant Entry
    Wandering Soul Village-Town-City
    Revilo & M0rbid ProtossObelisk
    Massivemaster Medieval Castle
    Eubz Citadel
    skrab Human Garrison
    Tirlititi BlackTower
    PROXY PandarenTemple

[​IMG]
    Inviting your friends to vote for you, bribing random members with rep and otherwise cheating with the VB poll system will get you DISQUALIFIED, BANNED from future contests, -REPPED, and possibly INFRACTED. So don't do it!

This includes, but is not limited to, sending PMs out to various users, getting other people to send those PMs, advertising this contest on other sites with the intention to gain more votes (whether it is explicitly stated or not), and so on. If you are suspected of cheating, the staff will notify you and interrogate you (hopefully) over PMs.

RESULTS | CONTEST

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  2. Statharas

Statharas

Resources:
    Tools:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Proxy wins. FATALITY.

3. chr2

chr2

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I voted for PROXY, cause it was just pure awesomeness, even though I think it could've been done entirely with in-game textures.

4. McQvaBlood

McQvaBlood

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Voted for the medieval castle. The effort put into it is just too much for me to vote on anything else.

5. Statharas

Statharas

Resources:
    Tools:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Proxy's temple is still badass.

6. TaShadan

TaShadan

Resources:
    Resources:
    pretty hard alot of good entries

7. McQvaBlood

McQvaBlood

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, the Panda Temple is a close second for me.

8. PROXY

PROXY

3D Modeling Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Voted for Massivemaster's castle, as it's just so lovely made. The detail and the whole animations are totally well done! :)

9. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Voted for Skrab. His model looks like it would fit very well in-game, and I love the animations and details. A few flaws are that the black flags could use some teamcolor(they're very flat at the moment, with no shading at all), and that the Death and Decay animations aren't very... Death and Decay-ish. Perhaps it's just Magos bugging out, but the model doesn't seem to disappear at all, on any of them.

M0rbid's and Revilo's protoss building comes as a close second for me. The effects and animations are stunningly beautiful. I won't be surprised if it wins the contest.

10. skrab

skrab

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Finally someone made a comment.
    @Deolrin, Thanks. I changed flag texture and made it team colored. The Death and Decay look good to me, since I'm really bad at particle emitters, at Death it blows up fine in game and at Decay the rubble actually disappears at the same time as other Warcraft 3 buildings. I put the tower and that front part visible throughout the Decay animation and I like it so. All in game buildings have that rubble mesh.
    I also animated the lamps around the building and fixed the visibility tags.
    Model.

As usual I am posting my 3Ds max 5 file so everyone can edit the model.
    Special thanks to my cousin for making the concept art.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  11. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Voted for Massivemaster's castle, you can really see the effort given on it.

12. MassiveMaster

MassiveMaster

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I voted for Wandering Soul's "Village-Town-City" as I really like the idea/feeling of it, also it could be a bit more detailed. But the build anims are funny with that flying around hammer.^^

My second vote would go to PROXY's "PandarenTemple". Great mesh, especially the third tier with that dragon looks nice. Just too bad the model has no real death + decay animations. :/

13. eubz

eubz

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Medieval caste got my vote.

14. Pyramidhe@d

Pyramidhe@d

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    voted for

Wandering Soul's "Village-Town-City"

really like its small modular look. almost like something that could be used in traders of catan

15. Da Fist

Da Fist

Resources:
    Resources:
    Voted For Proxy's.

Badass. Period.

16. skrab

skrab

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps: