• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modelers?

Are you a modeler?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Well, this is just a little poll for me, to see how many of you active site-goers consider themselves "modelers" or "animators" or even "special effect makers."

This is a way for me to find out how many people would be interested in contests, or help, etc.

So, if you are skilled in any of the areas, or other forms of modeling, feel free to vote on the poll! I look forward to the results.

You may vote for one or more of the options if that is the case.

Please do not abuse this poll, this will force me to close the thread, and this is helping me to help you guys.

I myself have knowledge of modeling, and have created myself about three complete models. I began learning a little while ago, but am constantly trying to get better.

Animation I would consider my forté, I have animated dozens of models, and as such I have acquired much experience in this area.

I have a basic understanding of particle emitters, billboarded planes, and using in game textures, which can result in quite nice special effects. This ties in with animation as well.

I chose other as well, because I know how to UV Map models, and I have a basic understanding of skinning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 12
I did modeler and animator, but not other because I didn't know what you meant by other at first:p Well my forte is skinning, but I model a lot also. Hopefully I will animate more in the future also. I do not know if I have enough time to work on a contest though.

Oh yeah, and I can unwrap too(I helped chriz learn how to unwrap and model^.^)

Level 11
I make SFXs rather than anything else. I can't say I ain't a good UVWrapper on low-poly models, but that's because I spend a lot of time to get the wrapping perfectly. I am a horrible modeler and didn't bother for now with animations. When I look at caps and robes I feel like I just can't do that. Maybe at some point however, I will learn the secrets of animations.

~Daelin

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Actually, erwtenpeller taught me to UV Map, you just gave helpful suggestions.

And I taught myself to model, you just gave critiques ^_-

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Meh, I just have to make myself look better. You know that.

And my idea would be an animation contest of course.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Oh hump, you know that's just the thing between us, I belittle you, you belittle back! <3

On topic: That was the point of this poll, but as I can see, anybody other than staff members has voted no so far.

Level 12
You already knew that there were few animators out there. Even at campaigns there are only a select few. Maybe if you could publicize a wc modding site wide project than maybe, just maybe you could get enough people for a deccent competition.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

You already knew that there were few animators out there. Even at campaigns there are only a select few. Maybe if you could publicize a wc modding site wide project than maybe, just maybe you could get enough people for a deccent competition.
I was not aware of the types of people at this site, that was why I was making a poll.

For all I know, the site is full of high poly modelers!

I just wanted to be sure.

Himsir

H

Himsir

I voted: 'No'
Coz I just suck in about everything of WCIII (except playing custom games). I'm sometimes busy with a map of mine, using other people's triggers, models and skins (soon also spells) :grin: ... Tried to skin twice, looked like shit.. So I'll try to skin some more and keep busy with my map, and maybe once I'll give something fun or useful to this community:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.