• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Model won't change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I changed the model of the minerals, in the editor it works fine. But when I go to test it in-game it's still a mineral.

You need to be moar detailed about what the problem is. Include screencaps of the data manager where you changed the fields.

Something like the pic I have attached.

Attachments

• Sandbags Actor.png
    Sandbags Actor.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 75
I changed the model of the minerals, in the editor it works fine. But when I go to test it in-game it's still a mineral.

Oh lawd. I see what you did wrong. First of all, never duplicate or copy a unit. Just do right-click, addunit or ctrl + =. Give it a name than click the suggest button to give it an ID based off of the name of your unit. Than set the object type (It would be structure in your case), set the race, than check the Copy From field and find the unit you want to copy.

Pic related.
attachment.php

Attachments

• How to make a Unit.png
    How to make a Unit.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 105
Level 2

Oh lawd. I see what you did wrong. First of all, never duplicate or copy a unit. Just do right-click, addunit or ctrl + =. Give it a name than click the suggest button to give it an ID based off of the name of your unit. Than set the object type (It would be structure in your case), set the race, than check the Copy From field and find the unit you want to copy.

Pic related.
attachment.php

Yeah, I always felt that duplicating was sketchy. How do I change the model now?

Status
Not open for further replies.