• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do I increas gathering speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm fairly new to the galaxy editor and am just making a slightly altered melee.
What I try to do is to increase the Probe mineral mining speed by 2, but I can't find the tab in the data editor to change the minerals you can carry with Gather (Probe). Can anyone help me?

Level 4
Ok, I'll look for the gathering rate multiplier, but will a multiplier of 2 not double the rate to 10 instead of increasing it by 2 to 7? Also does that multiplier increase both minerals and gas or are those seperate?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
You can provide a fixed to the field and it is separate for each resource. Thus you just need a multiplyer of 1.4 to do what you are after (5*1.4 = 7). Ofcourse this will also scale up rich minerals.

I am not sure if the degridation rate will increase though.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Under abilities...

Field Probe - Gather (Probe)
Resource Amount Bonus (0|0|0|0)
Resource Amount Multiplier (1|1|1|1)
Resource Destroy Minerals, Vespene
Resource Time Bonus (0.0000|0.0000|0.0000|0.0000)
Resource Time Multiplier (1|1|1|1)

Well what do you know, there is a fixed bonus field as well as other useful multiplyers...

Oh and you may have to enable "Show default values" view to see these fields incase for some reason you have not already.

Status
Not open for further replies.