• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] Model went missing after 1.29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi guys!

After the patch I reopened one of my older map, where I used Happytauren's Chaos Citadel which was working fine. Until now, of course. And it is totally missing, I get a green box only.

The fun fact, that model does not use any resources, just the base file only. I tried to reopen, reimport, delete then import, etc.
Nothing!

Any idea to fix it, or search for another model as replacement?

Thanks!

Level 11
It's a known issue, which is caused by missing textures from the MPQ files for some reason. Check out this list of known bugs in 1.29: [Feedback] Compiled List of 1.29 Bugs & Issues
Keep in mind that 1.29 is still in testing stage. Hopefully all these bugs will be fixed when final update is released :D
In the meantime, I would advise that you keep using the current 1.28.5 version :)

Level 3
Wow, so much thanks for the fast answer, I haven't find this post.

Is there a way yet to fix it?

Can I just get it from an older mpq (have 1.28 and 1.27 versions too) and import it to my map? Would it work?

The model contains a lot of them.

Attachments

• missing.png
    missing.png
    163 KB · Views: 100
Level 3
I think these are all the textures this model uses. If I import all from a previous mpq, would it work?

And a question, the selected line serves what purpose? I'm not into modeling, its totally unknown to me, and if it's means something important, can I import an alternative to make the model work?

(Yes, I am mad and won't give up make working in 1.29)
28450365_1638725966177279_246629011_n.png

Edit: Imported everything, except replaceable id 1. Any idea what is this?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.