• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

models in campaign not working after updating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
so, i have this custom campaign with a bunch of models imported directly through the campaign manager, i have recently updated too the 1.29 patch but when i open the campaign using 1.29 none of the models are working any more Any help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance

Level 2
UPDATE:

even though I am using the exact same path for the models that I used before updating, they still don't work. I even tried importing on other map's on which the models would not work either

Last edited:
Level 13
Are you using the correct pathing as listed in the "How to import" section for each model?

I also suggest modifying each map individually for now. Other users are finding the campaign editor has issues at the moment.

Level 2
yes im using the same paths as recommended on the models page, so i think i will hold off on the campaign editer for now, thanks

Level 2
Yep they are correct, they worked fine before i updated the game, then suddenly none of the models were working after updating to 1.29

something that could maybe cause this?:
the version of warcraft i was using before this was 1.21b which could maybe make it incompatible?

Last edited:
Level 2
UPDATE

creating a new campaign works, and i can import models no problem, i just seems to be ths one campaign that is the problem

UPDATE 2

all model files have a file size of 0, possible they got corrupt somehow?

UPDATE 3

I deleted all models and re-imported them they then appeared with the correct filesize, but when i close the campaign and open it again everything has a file size of 0 again

Attachments

• Screenshot_519.png
    Screenshot_519.png
    131.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Level 13
all model files have a file size of 0
I had this problem before, but not with the campaign editor. It happened when i was transferring the file and it didn't transfer correctly because of a bad connection, or because it didn't save properly.
I did what you did to correct it: re-import all the custom models from a back up.

Level 2
hmmmmm, when i put the "war3mapimported/" path and close the editor the file size just goes back to 0

update

importing straight into the map (instead of the campaign manager) has the same problem

UPDATE
I think i found a soloution!

instead of using the path "war3mapimported/" i just left it as the default it was imported as, and changed the units model to the right path and it works!

UPDATE

however models which require a skin do not work

Attachments

• Screenshot_522.png
    Screenshot_522.png
    172.4 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Level 13
I finally looked at your screenshot, and your directories seem funky.
So, "ArcaneAltar" and "Airship" are all skins, not unit models?
Then you need to give the correct paths for the models they are reskinning. To find the correct path:
1) Go to the model whose skin it's replacing in the object editor.
2) Select "Art - Model File"
3) Copy the directory in the "custom" section there for that model. (For example, the Footman's model directory is: units\human\Footman\Footman)
4) Paste this directory in the skin's import path.
5) Save on the Import menu.

If they are not skins, then try saving with the default directory. (war3mapImported\... .mdx)
Some imports also require a "texture" (.blp), which is usually included with the imported model from the website. Those are saved with a different directory, usually none or "Textures\".
Note also it's a backslash "\" not a forward slash "/".

Status
Not open for further replies.