1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Model Viewer bugs

Discussion in 'Bug Report Forum' started by loktar, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah they show all sorts of standard web rendering pages.

2. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  3. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Possibly. I was just interested in finding out if ANY WebGL works on this computer.

4. GhostWolf

GhostWolf

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Your driver should be supported and afaik should also support WebGL2, Nvidia do good work with backwards driver support.
    Can you show what the following pages show?
    WebGL Report
    WebGL Report
    You can also try to change browser settings.
    For example, using Chrome, go to chrome://flags/ and search "angle".
    This will give you "Choose ANGLE graphics backend" which you can play with.

About the first issue, hopefully Ralle fixed it since.

5. BrothForMyPeople

BrothForMyPeople

Resources:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]
    WebGL2 show the same.

I have set the angle to OpenGL in command chrome://flags/ and now the whole chrome window is just black :)

6. GhostWolf

GhostWolf

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I looked around and it's hard to say what's the cause.

The driver/GPU could be blacklisted, but I didn't see any sign of it being so.
    Then there are issues with Windows 10 updates breaking things for people.
    Then there's the fact you are using a laptop, and it might have bad/blacklisted non-Nvidia drivers, or an integrated HD3000 or whatever that is bad/blacklisted, although in your screenshots the browser detects a 9800GT either way, so who knows if that would be a problem.

In case this isn't the driver update you got, I suggest to try it NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce 342.01 Driver WHQL (but will it install on a laptop?)

Some people suggested passing
    --disable-direct-composition
    to Opera's shortcut which supposedly can help.

Very odd if you have a browser that reports WebGL/WebGL2 support, and then can't actually create contexts.

7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Maybe you should activate your Windows?

8. BrothForMyPeople

BrothForMyPeople

Resources:
    Resources:
    To be honest, I don't why it says to activate the Windows. I always had and have original softwares.
    I didn't use my old laptop for like 4 years. I started to re-use it but I have forgotten the password and my brother-in-law who is IT worker helped me to somehow reboot the account. Then it was saying Activate the Windows ;/ I didn't drill this matter down because it's old laptop after all.

Anyway. I just wanted to say, the Model Viewer actually does work on the newest Mozilla Firefox (73.0).

9. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sure but, you were using Opera, no?

10. BrothForMyPeople

BrothForMyPeople

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, and it still doesn't work in Opera. I tested it on Mozilla Firefox today, out of curiosity.

11. GhostWolf

GhostWolf

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    If it doesn't work in both Opera and Chrome, but it does work in Firefox, it could be because the former two which are based on Chromium auto-update blacklisting and such, and I believe Firefox doesn't (or if not driver blacklisting, some other shared setting).

Otherwise, it could be a bug in Chromium, in which case it could be interesting to report it, if you want.
    Over the time of developing this viewer we had bugs on practically all major browsers that were circumvented locally or reported to the browser vendors, so it wouldn't really surprise me if there's another one (especially since there is currently another bug in Opera that I reported a very long time ago to...the Firefox issue tracker? or the Chrome one? don't remember)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  12. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It feels like an inconsistency to me that the WebGL Test is reporting the platform as Win32, while the Browser User Agent is reporting it as Win64.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020 at 12:14 PM