• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Screenshots!

Level 9
Here's a few basic screenies of some of the models in ROTG, I've only listed the models I've directly created or worked heavily on, ROTG also includes other models from other sources, for more info see the "credits" page on ROTG's website.

Argonax: Doomguard, larger wings, enourmous swinging axe attack.
argonax.jpg
Argonax is without a doubt the most powerful titan and was appointed by the elder gods to lead them in governing the affairs of mortals. However, several hundred years ago Argonax defied the wishes of the elder gods and lead the titans on a rampage to destroy the mortal races and take complete control of the mortal world. Shortly before the invasion was launched the elder gods intervened and attempted to stop Argonax, eventually containing him inside a specially constructed prison from which there was no escape. They then appointed Hyperion to replace him as leader of the titans and to this day Argonax is said to still remain entombed inside the prison, waiting for the chance to have revenge.

Chaos knight: Orge warrior, drops sword on death, full animations.
chaos_warrior.jpg
Chaos Knights are merciless warriors that prowl across the Nether-Realm seeking foes to test their mettle. They are skilled fighters that pummel their enemies into the ground with a series of powerful blows. Chaos Knights are saturated with magical energy from residing in the Nether-Realm and almost all of them have innate magical abilities. They almost always carry magical weapons and are clad in suits of magical armour. Eventually Chaos Knights become overwhelmed with magical power becoming towering columns of raw energy before they are finally consumed by the powers tearing at them.

Ravagore: Felguard, mass geromerged model, uses felguard animations.
ravagore.jpg
Ravagores are a hideous blend of rats and bears mutated by the twisted power of dark magic. They are terrible ferocious monsters that have little or no intelligeance and live only to eat. Ravagores have highly unstable metabolisms and unless they can find a constant source of food they will very quickly collaspe under the strain of their twisted bodies.

Swordmaster: Bloodmage, blademaster animations.
swordmaster.jpg
The Swordmasters represent the pinnacle of skill with a blade and arrogantly consider themsleves unmatched in the use of bladed weapons. Trained from birth they are absolute masters of sword fighting and make a mockery of slower oppoents, ducking and countering blows seemingly impossibly fast. In battle they are a marvel to behold out-manoeuvring their enemies and attacking them in a blur of cold steel.

Witch Hunter: Proudmore, pistol attack (thanks Mechanical Man!)
witch_hunter.jpg
After the destruction of most of the Paladin orders during the undead invasion of the third war many of the surviving priests and clerics marched forth from their churches and formed their own order of Witchhunters dedicated to hunting out and annihilating the undead threat. Unrestrained by laws and guidelines the order of Witchhunters is utterly ruthless in its pursuit of evil spellcasters and sole Witchhunters have been known to purge the entire population of a village in order to root out a potential threat. Witch Hunters are feared individuals that can condemn a man to death at will, they are however formidable undead hunters and famed Vampire slayers.

Note
I'm not thinknig about uploading them to the model section just yet... but if talentend animators want to have a stab at re-animating them better I'll certainly give it some thought, always room for improvement!

Last edited:
Level 9
Well, ROTG was developed outside of a modding community, during its creation I wasnt a member of hive or search and only popped on to read tutorials and download the odd icon or model.

When a model I wanted didnt exist I just had a stab at creating it, I wouldnt say I was a very good modeller, but I have learnt to "geomerge" while making ROTG.
I also made ths skins myself but im no artist and i know they kinda suck, but they do the job in-game and i guess thats what matters.

The chaos warrior is actually an adaptation of miseracord's ace warrior model so dont think i made him from scratch!
All i did was fix a few glitches, tho sadly i messed up his skin a bit to give him team colors, didnt really work im afraid but oh well,
To answer your post, i guess i do a bit of everything, ive had to learn it all to make ROTG, except JASS. thats where im lost!
Thankfully JASS is at a minimum in ROTG.

Level 32
Good Models

The models look excellent, Steelb_l_ade! I especially like the... "Pilgrim Preacher (?)"

If you will show the names of the models and provide a detailed description of each, we might be able to modify the post to give it more eye candy.

Will you consider submitting your original creations to THW's model resource section for our users to download and use in their maps?

*edit* Edit complete.

Last edited:
Here is the new version of the pistol. Is not a big improvement, but at least it doesn't look as just a piece of wood. Its position is the same as the previous pistol, you just have to remove the old and merge the new attaching it to bone_gun. I will update my model as soon I solve the portrait issue.

I used magos editor to do that. I exported all geosets (they are two of them) from this file, opened proudmoore model ,imported those geosets, assigning them to the correct bone and choosing right material.

Attachments

• PISTOLA.MDX
    4.2 KB · Views: 280
Level 4
I love the witchhunter, but shoudlnd't he have blue eyes or soemthing? red eyes makes him seem evil/