• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Model Request] Bad Chicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know what would be really awesome? A giant monster cicken! It would be a dream of mine coming true if anyone would make something like that. It's for a silly little secret boss in a map I am making :p

latest

cockatrice_by_horned_freak.jpg

cockatrice_jlweb.jpg

On second thought, it might be hard animating the Dragon/Hippogryph legs for ground movement so, either Dragonspawn legs or something like:
Gryphon Knight

Actually even something so simple as a chicken body and head with dragon wings and tail would do it.

Maybe some angry eyes too :p

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Tried some stuff but couldn't add a proper attack animation. Still have to understand how to connect bones and stuff of the model I'm trying to import the animation from.
However, I've basically edited the chicken model with a green dragon tail and wings and changed some things regarding parts of the chicken feathers.

Cockatrice01.png
Cockatrice02.png
Cockatrice03.png

Attachments

• AllegedCockatrice.mdx
    64.4 KB · Views: 69
Nice! Will test it right away, thank you so much! :)

EDIT: So here's what I noticed: The height of the model should be a bit higher I believe. The legs are underground. I solved it by setting the unit height in the editor so not really an issue.

Its head is doing some real weird stuff during the stand and walk animation haha. And parts of its legs are missing, poor chicken.

Other than that I really like it actually. I will see if I can have someone add an attack animation to it :D

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Its head is doing some real weird stuff during the stand and walk animation haha. And parts of its legs are missing, poor chicken.
I haven't edited anything but the chicken wings and newly added material. Those faces it makes are utterly disgusting but I don't think it can be solved without properly recreating the model.
The legs are like that by default sadly. It's a really bad model. All critter models are awful.

Regarding an attack animation, from what I've seen, the hydra is the only two legged creature in the game to have a somewhat proper animation for this model.
If anyone from @Warseeker @Hermit @SonsOfSami could add that animation or maybe a better one from a custom model, that would be wonderful. I'd also like to know how to do it because I tried and didn't really succeed in porting it like it's on any original model.

Those faces it makes are utterly disgusting
This chicken has been through some shit, that's for sure. It's not only the outside that matters though, inner beauty is important too.
The legs are like that by default sadly
They're not that important, the chicken can live without them.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Just wondering how you did it
Used Retera's Model Studio, copied/duplicated the Chicken's Stand animation, then used the studio's animation editor and moved some of the neck bones at 3 time frames: in the beginning, stretched in the middle of the animation time duration and lastly at the end, reduced the neck length back to normal.

EDIT: also raised and lowered the wings.

Used Retera's Model Studio, copied/duplicated the Chicken's Stand animation, then used the studio's animation editor and moved some of the neck bones at 3 time frames: in the beginning, stretched in the middle of the animation time duration and lastly at the end, reduced the neck length back to normal.
How much would you say you have used any model editors prior to making this model? I feel like I should at least learn some basics so I can do simple edits myself.

Hi! I was mentioned in this thread, and it looked fun.
I tried my hand at making a model for this. Here is a Retera take on it after one evening of playing around:
upload_2019-9-25_23-55-1.png

cockatrice-gif.333564

I didn't do any kind of custom texture for that yet. Feel free to modify it or make any kind of custom texture that you want for sure.

Basically I took the Wyvern, shoved the Hippogryph claws and wings onto it and forced it to fit the animations by using the Right-Click -> "Re-assign Matrix" tool a whole bunch of times, then this led to a silly model with a hole in it. I then bent around the Hippogryph beak so its mouth was always open and it would look more unusual, and then I likewise assigned this beak to fit with the wyvern animations.
At that point it needed the tail so I brought in the snap dragon tail and again forced it into fitting the animations.
With that, there were holes in it so I tried to stick them up. Then for flare I stuck some chicken stuffs on it to cover up the back. By then it was looking awful so I did more re-assign matrix tweaking to improve how it fit the anims.
Then I put the chicken tail frill stuff on the back to look nice, but it didn't fit so I did the right-click "Split Geoset" option on the back of the snap dragon mesh that I had attempted to stitch in, and on the split geoset did a texture swap to the chicken texture.
Then I wanted the eyes to glow so I brought in the blue glow from the Watcher Ward.

I'm still not really sure if it looks good, but this is just my take on having fun with this project since somebody threw me the @
:)

Attachments

• cockatrice.gif
    cockatrice.gif
    181.5 KB · Views: 421
  • ReteraCockatrice3.mdx
    118.6 KB · Views: 47
Hi! I was mentioned in this thread, and it looked fun.
I tried my hand at making a model for this. Here is a Retera take on it after one evening of playing around:
View attachment 333563
cockatrice-gif.333564

I didn't do any kind of custom texture for that yet. Feel free to modify it or make any kind of custom texture that you want for sure.

Basically I took the Wyvern, shoved the Hippogryph claws and wings onto it and forced it to fit the animations by using the Right-Click -> "Re-assign Matrix" tool a whole bunch of times, then this led to a silly model with a hole in it. I then bent around the Hippogryph beak so its mouth was always open and it would look more unusual, and then I likewise assigned this beak to fit with the wyvern animations.
At that point it needed the tail so I brought in the snap dragon tail and again forced it into fitting the animations.
With that, there were holes in it so I tried to stick them up. Then for flare I stuck some chicken stuffs on it to cover up the back. By then it was looking awful so I did more re-assign matrix tweaking to improve how it fit the anims.
Then I put the chicken tail frill stuff on the back to look nice, but it didn't fit so I did the right-click "Split Geoset" option on the back of the snap dragon mesh that I had attempted to stitch in, and on the split geoset did a texture swap to the chicken texture.
Then I wanted the eyes to glow so I brought in the blue glow from the Watcher Ward.

I'm still not really sure if it looks good, but this is just my take on having fun with this project since somebody threw me the @
:)
This looks awesome! However I need a ground unit haha, but thanks for the effort! :p

I experimented last night with trying to give it land animations but I didn't like the product yet. It was interesting, though.
upload_2019-9-26_8-36-8.png

cockatriceland-gif.333591

Attachments

• cockatriceland.gif
    cockatriceland.gif
    130.4 KB · Views: 267
  • ReteraCockatrice3Land4.mdx
    85.7 KB · Views: 55
Status
Not open for further replies.