• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model Editing Help - Wc3ModelEditor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I downloaded the Wc3ModelEditor here quite a few months ago. So I wondered how I may be able to make a different looking model, instead of just moving around the vertices.

So I got tired of just making a full human set of headless units, and stuff, and wondered how I may be able to use different textures to create a different looking model. (Example: The models in the Models section of the site, although I dont expect to create a super uber looking unit or doodad with this editor.)

Thanks to all who may reply to this forum. :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 8
I actually could make headless with Wc3ModelEditor. (Didnt know you could delete in this editor) so I just moved the vertices inside the body, to make it look like it was headless.
But what im trying to accomplish with this thread, is to make something more interesting than just deleting the heads or something easy. I just want to know how the modelers who post at the modeling section of hive do it. Like I said, I dont want to make something crazy good, just where I could change the texture to make it look different. Any tips on how to do that with wc3modeleditor would be cool.

Edit: And when I mean different, I want a different texture or something for it, not just moving things around.

Status
Not open for further replies.