• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Require help: What is wrong with this model ? (screenshot included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello !

Since weeks i'm trying to fix a model once made by Tenebis, but whenever i try to export it with 3DS Max 5.0 (and Art Tools), it looks the following in game:

Can anyone help me out and tell me what could cause this problem ? :(

When i look at it in WC3 Viewer or WC3ModelEditor, it looks okay.

As you can see, it looks like his legs are missing in game and his boots and leg armor are floating on the ground beside.

Attachments

• ModelBug.jpg
    ModelBug.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 188
  • Model & Texture.rar
    305.1 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Level 3
I have added an archive with the mdx before it was imported into 3DS Max, which basically is the slightly bugged vil4-hammerfall (by Tenebis) that causes the lot of trouble when trying to fix it in MAX.

Problems before Importing (Using BlizzImporter by profet):
- Wierd Lightning across the whole map while selecting the unit.
- Ignores direct click - a selection box has to be drawn.

Problems after Exporting (Using 3DS MAX 5.0 and Blizzard Art Tools):
- Part of the legs and the cloak seem to be missing (see the attached picture)
- Particle Emitter options are partially reset (easy to fix)

Level 9
Problems before Importing (Using BlizzImporter by profet):
- Wierd Lightning across the whole map while selecting the unit.
- Ignores direct click - a selection box has to be drawn.
1. Not sure...This used to happen with some other models in maps I played years ago. Never really knew why it happened.

2. In Magos War3Editor, Recalculate Extents. This will be make it selectable. I used to have this problem a lot.

Edit: Oh yeah and try changing the bones to Linear bones instead of the tan and h..'s...
Haha, I'm too lazy to look it up, sorry.
But yeah, try that. When I export from Milkshape and this happens, changing the bones' comments to Linear so it exports as a linear animation makes the stretchy thing not happen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.