• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model competition ideas poll

CHOSE A THEME

• Buildings

Votes: 24 32.4%
  • Altars

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Doodad pack (theme is up to the contestant)

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • Modern weapons stuff

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Music unit/hero (music<3)

Votes: 8 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Either building or doodads.
If you vote building you'll still be able to make altars so vote buildings not altars.
Meh, the overlap is something that should've been foreseen when making the poll.

As it stands, though, I agree with you, except I'd love to see an actual "just Altars" contest. Buildings would be cool, too, but no guarantee of altars (and less easy to judge comparatively).

Level 25
So we have around 10 users (modelers) who will enter the doodad pack contest hmmhh sounds great i would like to see that :gg:
Doodad pack i all about modeling and maybe textureing, i think we also need animations.

I want to vote for buildings but i can't because the altars and buildings theme are split and there won't be enough votes to beat the doodad pack :/

so i'll vote for altars

Level 11
Seems to me that splitting 'Buildings' and 'Altars' into separate votes was a cheap way of spreading their vote and ensuring it would be doodads. Doodads are too simple. Graauunk. (That's the Xatoga-is-sad noise)

Level 34
nay? i do say that is pretty ambiguous but a lot of people say they did not want to make an altar and rather prefered some other building. i think someopne mentioned barracks or an equivalent. and remember. its a doodad pack. not just a single doodad.
Agreed. Building, and Alter were both mentioned separately in the previous thread, so LiO put them both in the poll.

It seems more like you are trying not to do doodads. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.