• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Mirror terrain contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
This is something I once did that came out pretty well, to mirror a picture in terrain. It's pretty simple, this will be the picture you would mirror and you will be judged on three categories:

Accuracy: [30/100]
Basically how much it resembles the picture. This is very important seeing as it's the point of the contest.

How good it looks: [30/100]
  • Undergrowth: [10/30]
    How well you use shrubs and environmental doodads. Feel free to add more than there are in the picture, because oblivion leaves stuff bare from a distance.
  • Land and Sky: [10/30]
    How good the hills look, are they smoothed right? Does the fog and sky look good and do they blend well?
  • Buildings: [10/30]
    Do you make your own buildings or use models? How well are they placed and do they look good with the rest of the terrain?

and Camera Angle: [10/100]
This should be self explanatory. Is the camera angle the way it is in the picture? It better be...

The rest is how everyone else likes it (poll)

You may use custom models or the ultimate terraining map, but you cannot use any alternate World Editors (such as UMSWE or WEU).
No custom-imported tiles are allowed.
Doodad limit of 5000. (why would you exceed this anyways...?)
Map-size limit of 160x160.
No custom sky models. This does not include clouds.
Feel free to add shrubs and environmental doodads where there aren't in this picture, Oblivion gets rid of that stuff when you look at it from a distance.

Awards:
1st: To be decided.
2nd: To be decided.
3rd: To be decided.

The deadline will be decided when or if this contest is approved.

Attachments

• ScreenShot81.jpg
    ScreenShot81.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 390
  • meh.jpg
    meh.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:
Level 36
New screenshot added.

Edit: The first one IMO is better, because you can see the giant tower in the background and it adds a cool effect :D

Also, about distant lands, I have the graphics settings completely maxed out on everything, and distant lands on maximum, but that is as far as I can get.

Level 7
Pretty sure your talking about the Dark Fissure, Void.
And I may get some screenies from a place I think is called Dive Point or Suicide Point or something. Its the tallest point in the game and gives you a view of all of the world at once.

Level 36
Pretty sure your talking about the Dark Fissure, Void.
And I may get some screenies from a place I think is called Dive Point or Suicide Point or something. Its the tallest point in the game and gives you a view of all of the world at once.

No, it's an altar on top of a mountain. Doesn't really sound like a fissure to me, but maybe I am wrong.

Level 36
Here are some screenshots I thought looked awesome.
IMO the 4th one and the 7th are the best ;)

Attachments

• waterfall2.jpg
    waterfall2.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 116
  • waterfall1.jpg
    waterfall1.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 92
  • bridge3.jpg
    bridge3.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 102
  • bridge2.jpg
    bridge2.jpg