• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

minus armor aura w/ special effct req.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
hey guys wanna make a skill an aura that give minus armor or damage to enemy or both minus to damage and armor... how can i do that...

with special effect of of flies or somethings horrible that fly around that unit...:goblin_wtf:

this will be passive if possible

Last edited:
Level 19
if your making it a request, please post this into the request section

ruler's suggestion would work, but change the flags to enemy and not friendly or else your allies will get the negative.

Level 37
If you end up using two auras for that, then units will have two buff icons from one ability and that is not professional ability making.

It is the easy solution and it works. How I would do it most likely is to use one debuff aura for the damage and then trigger the armor debuff.

Level 16
If you end up using two auras for that, then units will have two buff icons from one ability and that is not professional ability making.

It is the easy solution and it works. How I would do it most likely is to use one debuff aura for the damage and then trigger the armor debuff.

Well if the OP is just looking for a quick solution I think ruler's should do the trick. I myself don't think that triggering a whole armor debuff aura is an easy task :p

Level 7
firon got your idea was right and easy ill try that one..ty
maker how can i make trigger for that?? im not really a speel maker yet and i want to learn how to make one,, icannot find any tutorial in making a skill ,anyone can you give me a link in those tutorials?pls.. ty

Level 19
you can jsut make this:
1.make both abilities
2.make one of both invisible
3.remove the buff of that one (this doesn´t disables the spell, this yust disabled the tooltip the owner of that units get to now what is happening to his unit)
4.configure the buff of the other one so it says it have the effect of BOTH spells.
5.Add the spells to a unit
6.enjoy
If you´re using a hero:
you will need to trigger this, when the hero learns the visible spell, add the invisible, when he levels up the visible one, level also the invisible, this are pretty basic AI.

Level 19
i will explain:
1. i created a custom buff for devotion aura, which said that it had the effect to reduce damage and armor of near enemies.
2. them i created a new command aura based on the command item spell
3. deleted it´s effect
4.deleted it´s image and changing it to MAT (to make it transparent)
5. triggered it to level up and get added when he other spell is learned/leveled

Status
Not open for further replies.