• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Minimap Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hello there hive! :grin:

I just thought of a new idea (not sure if new) :grin:
Is it possible to have a certain icon on the minimap to be shown all the times pointing where the hero is? And when the hero dies it is covered with transparent gray.

Level 4
Hi, you can change hero's icon on minimap by a custom model via interface settings. ( Icon - Minimap heroes)

If the hero dies it'll fade itself, so you have to make a trigger for this. (Might be possible, as i only use GUI i didn't find how to :p)
Maybe changing another icon model, like gold's one, and creat a dummy unit using this model where the hero dies ?

Level 37
You could try pinging the hero's position.
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set u = Blood Mage 0000 <gen>
      • Set point = (Position of u)
      • Set pgrp = (Player group((Owner of u)))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (u is alive) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Cinematic - Ping minimap for pgrp at point for 0.30 seconds, using a Simple ping of color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%)
        • Else - Actions
          • Cinematic - Ping minimap for pgrp at point for 0.30 seconds, using a Simple ping of color (75.00%, 75.00%, 75.00%)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_point)
      • Custom script: call DestroyForce(udg_pgrp)
      • Custom script: set udg_point = null
      • Custom script: set udg_pgrp = null

Level 12
Hi, you can change hero's icon on minimap by a custom model via interface settings. ( Icon - Minimap heroes)

If the hero dies it'll fade itself, so you have to make a trigger for this. (Might be possible, as i only use GUI i didn't find how to :p)
Maybe changing another icon model, like gold's one, and creat a dummy unit using this model where the hero dies ?

Thanks for the suggestion man, but I'm not of a triggerer myself so I don't know how to do something complicated :xxd:

You could try pinging the hero's position.
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set u = Blood Mage 0000 <gen>
      • Set point = (Position of u)
      • Set pgrp = (Player group((Owner of u)))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (u is alive) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Cinematic - Ping minimap for pgrp at point for 0.30 seconds, using a Simple ping of color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%)
        • Else - Actions
          • Cinematic - Ping minimap for pgrp at point for 0.30 seconds, using a Simple ping of color (75.00%, 75.00%, 75.00%)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_point)
      • Custom script: call DestroyForce(udg_pgrp)
      • Custom script: set udg_point = null
      • Custom script: set udg_pgrp = null

I can see the point of your trigger but I have one question, wouldn't it lag? Because every 1 second it is pinging. And what if there are let's say 3 heroes using that method, will it lag?

Status
Not open for further replies.