• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Game Mapping Contest #5 - Poll

Contest entries

• [URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2024543-post453.html"]Island Protection[/URL] - Blazing_Leg

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2026027-post497.html"]Worldshaper[/URL] - Kino

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
All maps work for me perfectly well, I just had to shorten three or so file names a little.

mckill2009, I just wanted to make clear why there's a target-able and a non-target-able version. I myself use both and understand when some people don't. I'm feeling a bit unworthy of your vote since you just got to test two entries.

Level 23
I reduced file size by 2 letters, folder 3-5 letters only, still nothing happened...
All maps work for me perfectly well, I just had to shorten three or so file names a little.

Filename length is clearly not the issue here since one of the maps you claimed could work had the longest file name of all the entries.

Anyway Im gonna vote for Dark Vestige.
For me it was either that or Wisp Tale or Stags on the Run. All three had great ideas and innovative gameplay. However Dark Vestige im my opinion is more polished and gameplay wise, more fun and challening. It is that for me that sets it apart from the other two. And so I will vote Dark Vestige.

Level 6
Onooez! Which one to vote for! Worldshaper is too hard to really get into, SOTR is a bit simple, Dark Vestige's super original but kinda big 'n' doesn't feel very defenseish. Didn't test the MP only maps and the others are all very nice but feel a tad incomplete. Must test 'em all again and again and again.

When will the judges judge?

Level 6
Geez, but you said 3 days left.. I will never ever listen to you again!

Oi and Tickles, you could also just set gold and lumber variables as soon as they change, not every X seconds. And instead of using variables you can simply use a message event trigger to immediately revert the cheat.

my boyfriend
Waaaaait so are you 2 really irl friends?
If so, then Justin approves.

Level 6
The other voters don't have a good taste anyway. The best map's clearly Kino's, even with those nice circles just being silly spawn points. Even with the insane difficulty. Even with the many typos. And then there is the fact that it's just some stupid spawn points and.. friggin' hard and the typos and spawn points. Not to mention the high difficulty and typos. Yeah and the circles being just spawn points. I hope I did not forget anything.

Also my map needs a hardcore mode without respawns!!

Level 21
Thought it was plain, i liked the fun ltkp's map provided me.
It was definitely a unique and original concept. I wish he spent more time on it, but thankfully maps can always be worked on after the contest too.

Currently playing around now and guess what? I already have some nasty comments for all your maps naow :D
Does that mean you're almost done? :ogre_hurrhurr:

The controls are a bit clunky though.
If by clunky you mean all over the place, then yeah.... The main problem I noticed when testing it was the use of the mouse. The hotkeys for skills were meant to cover up to 12 abilities in order starting from Q to V. I'll work on a way to use skills like Energy Sample without using the mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.