• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Metamorhpis to a dragon [HELP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello.

Im working on a dragon themed hero. And I've decided to give him a morph ability and of course I want him t o morph into a dragon. So I went ahead and chose the "Metamorphis (illidian)" and changed the form to a dragon. Afterwards I went to test it out, and my War3 crashed.

Do I need to make a trigger to make the dragon morph work ?

Regards

Level 3
Simply morphing does not need a trigger, no.
Look at bear form, and test around with it.

If it's crashing for you.. be aware that swtiching between hero and normal unit(s) might get problematic. (I believe)

This is the error I got, attached image.

Hope you can help me out :)

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    10.4 KB · Views: 55
Level 3
No, I can't help you out from it.
Based on information your get here, you should work on it yourself, and try to exlain us the matter.
For example the "hero <--> unit" aspect might be talked about.

I've tested around with bear form, the 3 different sorts of metamorphis. There was once where it would transform as I wanted, but then it crashed shortly after.

Level 3
Made the morph work now. Now I just need to get the dragon to be a flying unit. Cant figure it out! Any help please :)

Level 3
Compare to movement types/ height of the default dragon.

How did it work now, btw?

Made a new custom hero, and changed the model to the decired dragon

UPDATE: It all works as intended now. Thanks to every input!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.