• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] how to fix the model variation of the druid of the talon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I made a custom hero and changed his mdoel to druid of the talon. The drudi of the talon appears his flying form ingame and in editor. How do I make him to be his druid form model?

I checked hsi model with model editor(sequence manager) and got the variations, morph and morph alternate, but he is still bird.

Level 12
Can you post unit's object editor settings?Maybe you added alternate animation tag somewhere.

Hmm, I fixed it, I don't know what was wrogn before, but wasn't alternate.

but that's not the only problem, when I use some morph ability from another unit to druid(ingame) the druid appears in his storm crow variation. now how to fix this? is there a trigger that changes animation variations?

edit:

http://picbg.net/pic.php?u=26510MJeRZ&i=761061

Last edited:
Level 21
If you want him to appear in the Storm Crow form, add alternate tag in these fields:
Art - Required Animation Names
Art - Required Animation Link Names
Art - Required Bone Names
But if you want him in the Night Elf form leave them empty.

EDIT: Try making those fields empty in all of his forms, except in the Storm Crow form(if you have one).

Last edited:
Please READ carefully what I write. I wrote fthat I use permament tag for morphing so I use individual morphing ability for every unit. because one morph can morph in another.

They transform normally. I don't see what this has to do with the bug of the druid of talon model? Do you even know what are you talking about? I am not newbie. are you newbie? you think that by using only one morph ability will fix the bug of the druid of talon model?

Level 21
i have knowledge of this kind of things. i also studied the ability that transforms the druid of the talon in order to help you and both forms use the same ability. normal form is druid of the talon(night elf form) while the alternate form is druid of the talon(storm crow form.) using multiple transformation abilities on one unit is glitchy. you will have to trigger some of it but fortunately i know how. for each unit you need a custom ability based on chaos.(need to contain the unit you want it to transform the unit into.) you need give that ability to the druid based on what form it activates. unit begins casting an ability or unit starts the effect of an ability. condition would then ability being cast equal to bear form. (same for other form spells but their named instead.) action is unit add ability custom chaos based ability. i can create a map with the stuff for you tomorrow if you want but i am going to bed soon.

Level 21
as i am going to bed soon i will deal with it when i get out of bed in the morning. if you cant wait however you are welcome to try out the ideas i posted which is gauranteed to work because i have used them in my own map. here is the map but i couldnt get what you want to work properly either but maybe you can figure out where i messed up. one problem i noticed is that the abilities switch between 2 modes. you could try to give different abilities to the different forms that only works one way but that is all i can think of at the moment.

Attachments

• druid example.w3x
    17.4 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.