• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Merging portrait animations and a model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
I think they copy bones from the portrait model to the original one, then copy the animations using this or any similar tools

I have been trying that for months, but whenever I attach the certain vertices to the certain bones, the animations only work while playing portrait anims and not the rest ones.

I believe it's not how it's done. I think it has something to do with that new cool modeling tool introduced a couple of years ago.

You could have fucking guessed judging by my uploads that I know how to add or create teamcolour backgrounds and cameras. The question was very specific and I don't think that posting a link to a novice tutorial (with a misleading title) is a good move. If you have a choice between saying something for the sake of posting or saying nothing than I believe the first option is worse.

Level 28
You could have fucking guessed judging by my uploads that I know how to add or create teamcolour backgrounds and cameras. The question was very specific and I don't think that posting a link to a novice tutorial (with a misleading title) is a good move. If you have a choice between saying something for the sake of posting or saying nothing than I believe the first option is worse.

I have no idea what are you talking about ? I may have made a mistake but whats all that? You're not making sense, mate :(

Level 18

Hey, no need to be rude.

I don't know of any method to magically grow portrait bones and rig the mesh to them. So I do it the old-fashioned way, in Magos and MdlVis. I create all the bones that the portrait has, then make a new sequence well outside the range of the existing sequences, copy the rotations for each bone, and then rig the mesh to MdlVis. Typically, the bones are for the lips, eyelids, eyes and hair. It may be a time-consuming method, but it's less error-prone than Animtransfer. I don't know, maybe Retera's tool can do what Magos and MdlVis do separately. Never managed to run it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.