• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Merge custom datas from 2 different maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi all

is it possible that I mix my custom map with custom units etc with someone else's custom units?

merging both datas?
Anyone know how to do that?

Level 3
Forst off thanks very much for your reply
Can u please show me a guide in screenshot.

that would be big help!!

Level 18
Should be possible to do this automatically with tools. Only question is what do you want to happen when there are conflicts between the two datasets?

An example: Set A sets peasant's gold cost to 0, while set B sets the gold and lumber cost to 200.
Assuming set A has priority over set B, there are two ways to resolve this:
1) Only use changes from set A, discard all changes from set B. This results in gold cost becoming 0.
2) For conflicting fields, use change from set A. This results in gold cost becoming 0, and lumber cost becoming 200.

Level 3
check these out, they don't have screenshots but they do go into a lot of detail. If you still can't figure it out it I'll screenshot:

Hey man, do u mind sharing screenshot. I have no clue what I have to do :(
Hope it isn’t much to ask. Thanks very much

Level 21
to copy one object (unit,ability etc') you literally just copy paste. you go into the object editor, right click on the object you want in the panel on the left, select copy. then you open the other map, go to the same place (the left panel of the relevant section of the object editor) and paste (you can use standard keyboard shortcuts or right click and select paste).

here I have selected a unit called dummywinventory. I can right click and copy it, and then paste it in another map. this works with all types of custom objects.
copy1item.png
to transfer all the object data from a map, you go into the object editor, open the "file" menu on top, and select what kind of object data you want to export. you save that somewhere on your pc. then you open up the other map, go to the same place (file menu in the object editor) select import object data, and import the file you just saved. WARNING - doing so will overwrite any data of the type you are importing onto the new map. that is why if you have stuff you want on multiple maps - you should copy paste the individual objects from the one that has less onto the the one that has more (and if you have a bunch of stuff on both maps look for more advanced solutions like what @Drake53 suggested).

Screenshot (51).png

hope this clears things up. GL!

Level 3
So I have followed it.
I got my own custom map with multiple custom units.

and i found a different one with different custom units, buildings, etc.

adding those in my current custom map, removes my own custom units, etc.

I want to mix other custom units from a different map to my own map and custom unit collection.

What am I doing wrong??

Level 21
I'm assuming you did the second option from my previous post. as I wrote there, that overwrites all the data in the receiving map.

to merge the data - you will need to use the first method ("to copy one object...") too - copy and paste each object separately (there might be a better way but this is what I know how to do). If you have a lot of stuff to move from one map to the other this will be a major pain, as you need to copy>open map>paste>close map for every single object you want to move...

good luck!

[if it's still not clear check out this tutorial - that's where I learned this...]

Level 3
I'm assuming you did the second option from my previous post. as I wrote there, that overwrites all the data in the receiving map.

to merge the data - you will need to use the first method ("to copy one object...") too - copy and paste each object separately (there might be a better way but this is what I know how to do). If you have a lot of stuff to move from one map to the other this will be a major pain, as you need to copy>open map>paste>close map for every single object you want to move...

good luck!

[if it's still not clear check out this tutorial - that's where I learned this...]

Yow, so I was able to copy paste from map to map via the tap were the units are.

but when I start the game, the units shadow are only visible.

what did go wrong :(

Status
Not open for further replies.