• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] Melee with Quests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Since noob didn't answered to me for a while, (1 years or something like that) I am not going to continue on my Dominators project until he gets reincarnated. Instead I came up with this new idea of mine, melee maps with quests.

Its basically like the Endless Legend quests, it is not required to win, but will grant you benefits if you do them. It is also one of the victory conditions, if you do all of them you win. There are also going to be quests where you have to make decisions. When you start the game, you can write -quest to open the quest tree selection panel where you can select your quest tree. Like if you play as the orc race, you can choose to go with the fel orcs tree. Or if you play as the undead you can go with the Forsaken tree.

But the problem is balancing and the lore. I might have some problems with balancing, I want the quests to give the player advantages, but not so much or not so little. I also don't know most of the WoW lore. I only played RoC and TFT. Should I start making this map?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Surely quests could be a nice addition to default melee. Quest rewards could give anything to the player, starting with unique items up to powerful units. Tho, how do you want to add these quests into gameplay ? Basically you would need to figure out a good way to present the quests to the player.

Interesting idea, would be nice to see such a map !

Status
Not open for further replies.