• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Melee Tournament - 2v2 Random Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Currently we have a 1v1 melee tourny going on, which is looking quite promosing, im submitting this as a potential alternative for a second tournament.

2v2 Random Team - huh?

Ok basically it works similiar to Random Team on the bnet.
  • Each player must play 1 game allied with each player in the tourny.
  • Each player must play 1 game against each player in the toruny.
  • The teams/matches are randomly chosen but ensured the top 2 conditions are met.
  • Winning a game gains the 2 winners some points
  • The score is kept just like a league, where at the very end the person with the most points wins.
  • If there is a draw ofcourse can simply have a playoff/final.

I'll try and draw up an example, just to further clarify.

Overall the theme of this tourny would be more to just get lots of game going & beining alot of the hive community together online.

Level 12
Oh yea, I was intending for this to be atleast a week or two After then current tourny has Ended.

I just noticed alot of ppl are alot more fond of playing:
- team games over one on one
- random teams over fixed teams

Level 32
Oh yea, I was intending for this to be atleast a week or two After then current tourny has Ended.
OK for now let's move this thread before it gets spammed. When the next tournament begins, it's my opinion that Heero will again be in charge. Coordinate with him via PMs when you have ideas.

After the completion of the present tournament, it may be necessary to create a thread to discuss the next one: if so, Heero or I will do it.

~ Thread moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.