• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Megabeam model.. bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi, after the yellow blast from the sky happend, there is a crater on the ground, which wont disappear ( for ever )

I cannot even manage to remove it by gameplay constants.

The crater after the effect looks like this:

http://imageshack.com/i/2o9xofp

If spammed, this will cause lag if you go with the camera to the crater area.

Now i dont know if this crater is triggered by a scrypt from the model, or just is a part of the animation, for that i have no knowledge (because im no modeler)

Thank you, hope someone can take a look ^^

Attachments

• MegaBlast.mdx
    19.9 KB · Views: 69
Level 8
That just looks like an ubersplat, try changing the setting in the object editor for your spell.

Does it happen when you do this?

• Special Effect - Create "MegaBlast.mdx" and (Center of (Playable map area))
  • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)

Yes, it does :)

And also if i put the effect attached to a unit, and the unit dies , the crater stays there as well.

Certain models can contain data to trigger particular events in Warcraft 3, such as playing a sound or creating an ubersplat.

Download War3 Model Editor (Magos' Model Editor). Open the MDX file, then go to Windows -> Node Manager. Look for UBRXDNCS, right click it, and select remove. Hopefully that will fix the issue.

You might want to ask the author to see if he'll allow you to edit the model to remove that.

Level 8
Certain models can contain data to trigger particular events in Warcraft 3, such as playing a sound or creating an ubersplat.

Download War3 Model Editor (Magos' Model Editor). Open the MDX file, then go to Windows -> Node Manager. Look for UBRXDNCS, right click it, and select remove. Hopefully that will fix the issue.

You might want to ask the author to see if he'll allow you to edit the model to remove that.

Thanks, i will try that, even tho the autor is not anymore active anymor in hive :(

Status
Not open for further replies.