• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Terrain Deformation Display Bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I use the following system to make a random terrain each game :
  • Random Deformation
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Deformation --------
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 128, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set Random_Position = (Random point in (Entire map))
          • Environment - Create a 0.01 second Permanent crater deformation at Random_Position with radius (Random real number between 512.00 and 1024.00) and depth (Random real number between -150.00 and 150.00)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Random_Position)
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 256, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Environment - Create a 0.01 second Permanent crater deformation at Random_Position with radius (Random real number between 256.00 and 512.00) and depth (Random real number between -75.00 and 75.00)
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 512, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Environment - Create a 0.01 second Permanent crater deformation at Random_Position with radius (Random real number between 128.00 and 256.00) and depth (Random real number between -50.00 and 50.00)
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Environment - Create a 0.01 second Permanent crater deformation at Random_Position with radius (Random real number between 2048.00 and 4096.00) and depth (Random real number between 400.00 and 1000.00)
Well, when i play in-game the terrain displays like this :
attachment.php

I think some of you will suggest using the function :
  • Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Far Z to 1000000000.00 over 0.00 seconds
well i used it but it didnt work/effect.

please help me.

Attachments

• TERRAIN BUG.jpg
    TERRAIN BUG.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 234
Level 23
hm well it could be (just a theory nothing 100% certain) that the "entire map" region screws this up. Try to replace it with "playable map area".

It could happend that the entire map thing, is chosing a point outside the map whih doesnt exist, therefor causing something to happen (very far-fetched but still).

Keep in mind that it also may bug itself if a point should be picked twice or more. You would have a terrain deformation twice as deep, and therefor it is requiring larger area to look like a more "realistic hill". Its just like when you build a terrain wall. The maximum height is 2, untill the wall itself starts to expand.

Hm.. could also be that the 0.01 seconds permanent terrain deformation is messing things up. I mean, is a deformation of 0.01 seconds really permanent?
Try set it to 0 meaning that it will be permanent in time of infinity =)
(if im wrong at any point feel free to correct me...)

/regards

Level 9
Im not sure if its possible to change the craters create by mortars last longer, it it is that might be the easiest solution.

From your screen shots it looks like the craters are there, its just underneath the hill because u raised it, try putting it in a flat land area and see if it appears. Another possible reason comes from the model, if you use blizzard wc3 models then it shouldn't have any problems, but if you use custom models then try opening them in model editor see if it show up correctly.

Level 28
  • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Environment - Create a 0.01 second Permanent crater deformation at Random_Position with radius (Random real number between 2048.00 and 4096.00) and depth (Random real number between 400.00 and 1000.00)
Perhaps this one causes the whole terrain to screw it up.. have you tried smaller numbers (like between 100 and 400)?
Don't know much of terrain deformations but..

Status
Not open for further replies.