• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Medieval Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
1. How do I lower or cancel gold revival cost.
2. I imported a few items from a dif map, origonaly the icon was appearing just green. Then I fixed it, and when I went in game too see if it was working, I clicked on the item and abunch of vertical green bars appear on the screen...I have seen this happen before in the game I got the items from, but it happens rarely.

Level 8
I was wondering how to get a custom loading screen. I imported a picture, but when I send to select imported file it still wasn't selectable.

Level 8
Soz I'm noob I have no idea wut that means, I looked at the tutorial and I know that there is an easier way then all that crap. My friend said there was.

Level 8
I an asuming I cant take an image I got from google import it change the pathto blp and tryn add it to a unit...Do i have to do a bunch of crap to the picture before I can import it?

Level 10
lol, I'm going to ignore the obvious noob factor here.

1. Take w/e picture image you want off google
2. Ifit has alpha (transparent bits) then create a single alpha channel in your favourite program and save as a TGA
3. Open the image in Magos' Model Editor (its available in the resources section)
4. Goto Winows -> Texture Manager -> Rightclick -> Export
5. Save it as a .blp
6. Open WE and make sure that the map is saved and only the import manager is open
7. Import it into wc3
8. Change the path to the same path as the texture you are trying to replace or if its not replacing a texture leave it blank (I.e. Icons /skins for new units etc.)
9. Save the map and open the object editor
10. It should now work

Maybe not how you want it to but it should work.

Level 8
Got the model editor, imported my picture saved it, imported it, changed the path from blp to mdx, selected it, but the loading screen is blk? =( =(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.