• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mech Arena V1.0 FIXED

Take control of a Battle Mech and work with your crewmates to annhilate all other Mech opponents for 5 rounds in order to win the Mech Tournament!
NOTE: 1st player of each team is the mech pilot, 2nd and 3rd are the gunners.

Controls:
Mouse-click - Movement(pilot)/Shoot(gunner)
Directional Keys - Camera control
F1 - Basic controls(Pilot/Gunner)
F2 - Upgrades(Gunners only)(currently unavailable)
Note: Gunner controls must be selected in order to shoot.

Description: Players are divided into groups of three and each team is granted control of a single mech. The first players of each team are the pilots of each respective mech, while the others take control of its weapon systems. The objective of the game is to defeat all other Mech Teams by winning the conditions of the current game mode.

Game Features:
- Third-person FPS gameplay. Movement(for pilot player) is still controlled using the mouse but directional keys control camera direction(both gunners and pilot).
- Weapons/Combat system based on a combination of my Harrier Command/Zombie Shooter map projects.
- Up to 9 mech abilities for the Pilot players and 11 choosable weapons for the gunner players.
- Deathmatch game mode

Features/Items yet to be added:
- More Game mode
- Miscs. Events
- Upgrades
- Neutral Hostiles

Features currently still under consideration:
- Multiple Mech choices for players
- Mech Items

Outsourced Resources:
- Jump system by Paladon
- Hellfire Dreadnought model by Pyramidhe@d
- Face to the Enemy 2 soundtrack from Red Alert 1

Map Terrain Done by Sunk123

Screenshots:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Keywords:
Mech, Robot, Arena, FPS, Shooter, Dreadnought
Contents

Mech Arena V1.0 FIXED (Map)

Reviews
21:32, 27th Nov 2009 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 1
Are all map-makers these days suffering from the "me gots stupid or no description" virus? It's pandemonium!

- Edit : Description is o.k. but you might want to add the screen-shots in a "Hide-View"-button. Other than that : *likes* *likes* *likes* *likes* *likes*
Rating 3.5/5. Further updates are lovingly expected ^^

Last edited:
Level 10
Ermm there's no better "description" because there really isn't that much description to talk about. It's basically an Arena game where you play as Mechs and fight each other. There's no backstory or anything. Besides, the features in this game can't really be put into "screenies". It won't really show it as it should.

And i don't see how having "less description" is "unacceptable" in the Hive. There are tons of approved maps out there with just as little description.

Either way i don't really care. This is my last project and i've already retired from map making. I only uploaded this cause i thought it'd be a waste of my hard work if i didn't.

Very good, but doesn't stand a single chance against Mecha Isle.

Perhaps if you have considered the version as well as the file size of both maps you wouldn't make that comment. =) Either way it's up to you which map you like.

Level 1
if you use games workshops icons and other things as such - copyrighted in a very very very strict way - get yourself permission...
if they d find this otherwise things d be bad for you.
better change the screenie

Level 10
Hmm i see....i'll see what i can do. But wouldn't that apply to stuff like models and so on? Like how the dreadnought model is from Warhammer.

Actually i doubt they care that i use it, but if its' really needed i'll change it.

Level 2
NEED OF MODELS

darth vader model

Mechainecal infernal with fire wings

darth vader icon

ice elemantal

for Project Bleach Ultimate war