• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battleline Tactics V1.0 FIXED

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This map is based off an actual Flash game i played, called Warlords. it's a "Line Wars" concept where you need to send off 50 units over to the other side by spawning selected units in any of the 8 lanes available.

Keywords:
Line, Spamming, Medieval, Tactics, Warlords
Contents

Battleline Tactics V1.0 FIXED (Map)

Reviews
15:18, 2nd May 2009 by bounty hunter2: Very simple, poorly made terrain, category abuse, poor description, no resource crediting, unoriginal, gets boring soon, Rejected. I suggest Epicwar for low quality maps such as this one, this won't get...

M

15:18, 2nd May 2009 by bounty hunter2:
Very simple, poorly made terrain, category abuse, poor description, no resource crediting, unoriginal, gets boring soon, Rejected. I suggest Epicwar for low quality maps such as this one, this won't get approved, so please don't submit it anymore.

Level 3
Review of "Battleline Tactics".
Current Version: V1.0
- Based on a quick test round in singleplayer with 1 AI as opponent.

Positive
- The idea is fine, since I haven't seen anything like it before.
- It is a very good option the player has, when he/she/it upgrades their troops, all the way from the bottom.

Neutral
- Sending units takes too long time.

Negative
- The terrain is rather boring.
- There is no AI - so the map has to be played as multiplayer.
- There is no credits for the imported models.
- The map description is poor.
- This game does not involve to much strategy. Just quick clicking.

Vote 2/5 and NOT RECOMMENDED since no credits is given in the map description or in the credits.

My tips:
Make the terrain better. It's boring!
And make sure to give proper credits, and even credits at all, to the people who made the models.
Also make it so that you can spawn units faster. It's boring just to wait for them to arrive in your "unit shop".

Level 10
- There is no credits for the imported models.

Sorry my bad. I forgotten about that.

Make the terrain better. It's boring!

With the game's concept, terrain is kinda pointless. Even if i decide to make it better, i'll do it last.

- Sending units takes too long time.

You failed to consider that this is meant as a multiplayer map. With a 2v2 to 5v5 game the units that appear on the field are NUMEROUS. There's also a charge system where players get to spawn units at ALL lanes when they have killed 30 units.

Also make it so that you can spawn units faster. It's boring just to wait for them to arrive in your "unit shop".

No can do. The current speed already has a potential for lagging the game. If i make it any more faster it will not only ruin the game but make it harder to win.

Level 3
No can do. The current speed already has a potential for lagging the game. If i make it any more faster it will not only ruin the game but make it harder to win.

Alright, I understand.

You failed to consider that this is meant as a multiplayer map. With a 2v2 to 5v5 game the units that appear on the field are NUMEROUS. There's also a charge system where players get to spawn units at ALL lanes when they have killed 30 units.

Well, in that case the charge system is excellent.

With the game's concept, terrain is kinda pointless.

Though it's always nice to could look and play at some good terrain.

Level 10
Though it's always nice to could look and play at some good terrain.

Well i'll try and make it better if i can.

Btw, thx for the comments.

Just so you know here are some tips on how to use the units available:

Spearman - Basic unit. Best used only in an emergency considering they are weak. Effective against calvary EN MASSE.
Swordsman - Defensive unit. Best to delay or hold off enemies, and effective against light damage units such as archers and axemen.
Archer - Ranged unit that are effective against units with low armor such as pikemen and spearmen.
Scout - Cheapest unit available but virtually no combat capabilities. Best used to rush archers or to follow up behind in a lane where you have the biggest advantage. (Example: Scouts rushing behind a mass of swordsmen/knights).
Pikeman - Anti-calvary unit with a long melee attack that pushes back enemies. Though slow and cumbersome, they are useful in huge numbers. Takes 2 pikemen to kill 1 knight.
Axeman - Fast moving attacker that's meant to rush down slower and lightly armored units such as archers and pikemen.
Knight - Heavy unit designed to trample down enemies and rush artillery positions. Best used against archers and swordsmen.
Catapult - Super long ranged but extremely slow artillery unit. Best used in destroying massed numbers.

Level 3
Spearman - Basic unit. Best used only in an emergency considering they are weak. Effective against calvary EN MASSE.
Swordsman - Defensive unit. Best to delay or hold off enemies, and effective against light damage units such as archers and axemen.
Archer - Ranged unit that are effective against units with low armor such as pikemen and spearmen.
Scout - Cheapest unit available but virtually no combat capabilities. Best used to rush archers or to follow up behind in a lane where you have the biggest advantage. (Example: Scouts rushing behind a mass of swordsmen/knights).
Pikeman - Anti-calvary unit with a long melee attack that pushes back enemies. Though slow and cumbersome, they are useful in huge numbers. Takes 2 pikemen to kill 1 knight.
Axeman - Fast moving attacker that's meant to rush down slower and lightly armored units such as archers and pikemen.
Knight - Heavy unit designed to trample down enemies and rush artillery positions. Best used against archers and swordsmen.
Catapult - Super long ranged but extremely slow artillery unit. Best used in destroying massed numbers.

As far as I remember, it is also the in-game descriptions of the units.

Level 3
Nah they're just general descriptions in the game(i think lol). I'm actually telling you how to use them.

Well thanks to that.
About the terrain, you could remove all of the that "black" parts of the terrain, and make path blockers in stead, and then make the terrain good, like a forest or so.

Level 10
I'll see what i can do, but it won't be in my list of priorities. In fact, i would probably hand this task over to my terrainer. =)

EDIT: I realized i didn't respond to the comment below -

- This game does not involve to much strategy. Just quick clicking.

I really don't recommend judging this game as a "does not involve much strategy" game just by playing single player. You'll find that it actual involves alot more strategy than you believe.

Level 3
Well, if the game is like the flash game "Warlords", I still don't think it requires alot of strategy - basicly (mark me, basicly) just watching where the enemy are deploying and then deploy some troops there.

But anyways, after some time playing this game (multi-player LAN), and playing the game "Warlords", then I can see that this map looks pretty much like the real game.