• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mdlvis problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
hello everyone
i am trying to begin making models and already i have come across a problem
when i load a model in mdlvis it shows the bones and everything is ok but when i try and get a textured view under the 3rd option after 'File' and before 'Modules', idk its name bcus i am using the english mdlvis version which has some buggy names, anyways i click that and go down to 'Textured view'
and i get this error

http://postimage.org/image/l4pf5b3t3/

Last edited:
Level 3
hmm this is all very confusing

I dont know the easier way, but for me I just exported the required textures on the model file's directory. Works for me.

i don't want to be bothersome but i am a complete noob with model editing this is literally the first time i'm trying to edit a model, if it's not too much to ask could you please rephrase what u said but in detail so i know what to do lol, i'm really clueless right now

hello everyone
i am trying to begin making models and already i have come across a problem
when i load a model in mdlvis it shows the bones and everything is ok but when i try and get a textured view under the 3rd option after 'File' and before 'Modules', idk its name bcus i am using the english mdlvis version which has some buggy names, anyways i click that and go down to 'Textured view'
and i get this error

http://postimage.org/image/l4pf5b3t3/

Does that happen with all models you try to edit with MdlVis? Or only with some specific model?

Level 3
You can copy/paste your 4 MPQ files from your Warcraft folder into your mdlvis folder (war3.mpq, war3x.mpq, war3xlocal.mpq and war3Patch.mpq).

It takes some extra space on the disk, but it should work.

Alternatively, you can put your mdlvis program into your W3 folder...

holy shit it worked wow thanks man ur the best!!!!!!!! +rep

Status
Not open for further replies.