• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Maze your Best - Tower Defence (MyB TD) * Help Needed *

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm active with a project, I call it Maze your Best. But enough about that. I have some problems.. thehe.

Problem #1:
Splash Issue,
I can't get it - but my Siege Towers seem to damage my other towers. The splash should only damage Enemy, Ground.. I'm sure it says that. Also, just in case, I made the tower unable to damage structures. And only enemies...
.. HEEEELP!

Problem #2:
Building Animation,
Is it possible to make my towers use the Undead Construction animation? Or do I have to edit the models for that to happen?
.. HEEEELP!

Problem #3:
Map Preview,
My map preview won't work, I've got it to work on my other maps.. but that a long time ago - I can't get what I did wrong.
.. EEEK!

I'll be waiting for some help.
You may aswell post your ideas for the map,
I won't give any spoilers about how it is though.
.. And by the way - Demo Version comming up soon!

Level 10
2. Yes, you have to have new models, because it is actually the model's "birth" animation.

Los_Tacos said:
#1: You're probably only editing the targets allowed for the tower to attack, but not the AoE targets. Scroll up a little.
#3: 128x128 or 256x256 tga file name it war3mapPreview.tga

#1 .. Didn't I mention I did both the AoE targets and the allowed targets.. ?

#2 Damn.. Why didn't Blizzard make birth animations to the Boulder Towers, and Arcane Tower? :cry:

#3 I have the correct name, the correct size..
It displays white.

More Help pleeeease!
Never mind about #3 .. I've figured it out...

Level 16
Re: Maze your Best (MyB) * Help Needed *

Goliath the God said:
Problem #1:
Splash Issue,
I can't get it - but my Siege Towers seem to damage my other towers. The splash should only damage Enemy, Ground.. I'm sure it says that. Also, just in case, I made the tower unable to damage structures. And only enemies...
.. HEEEELP!
quote]

Since u are making a maze, i presume the towers will not be destroyed or damaged at any point by actions of the players or the computer, so, a simple solution: give the towers ability 'invulnerable'. That way the towers wont take damage from anybody :)

Level 16
Okay...first: change the map name! I thought u were making an escape map. I know the word 'maze' is also used in some td's, but i've met it more in escapes. Anyway 'maze' is a confusing word and almost all maps named 'maze' something are doomed to be forgotten because of the confusion they cause, unless the word 'maze' is explained at the title, which in this case it isnt. 'Example: Maze forest TD'

Back to ur problem #1: Only thing i can say to u is; check the towers again. I have made 2 td's myself, and if u honestly allow only enemy targets, the towers just cant damage ur own or friendly units, it goes against the laws of warcraft 3. Check the towers again, and after that, check them again!!

Level 6
Since u are making a maze, i presume the towers will not be destroyed or damaged at any point by actions of the players or the computer, so, a simple solution: give the towers ability 'invulnerable'. That way the towers wont take damage from anybody

>.< Nope. If I make the towers invulnerable anyone would be able to just block of the creeps.. and that won't make much fun

probraly u don't know that u can change unit - 'target allowed' into invulnerable so they can attack them and only them, so u can make it like that

Status
Not open for further replies.