• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Maze of Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Hullo everybody. I had been working on a maze project for a little bit. I decided to release it at a more alpha stage (with only 1 level semi-completed). I even left a few bugs in there and a few of the designs were not so great. It wasn't even fully terrained and some of the back-systems such as save/load and growth were not completed. The opening cinematic was never done and the towns/acts were never integrated into the game.

All it is right now is a single level demo of what the game could be, or some of what it could be at least in the mazing aspect.

Now, I want to see what you guys think of the maze atm in its alpha stage. Look at the quality, the interface, etc. Look at the terrain job. From there, look at the complex timing of the maze.

Tell me what you think..

Also, let it be known that this maze is only for the best mazers around for the moment. I'm going to be changing around level 1, making it a bit easier to allow the player to flow more gently into the game... Right now you have to time 3-5 different columns explicitly to survive...

Oh well, here is the link:
http://www.epicwar.com/maps/7583/

If you aren't that great at mazing, I wouldn't suggest this maze until you practice this one:
http://www.epicwar.com/maps/8345/

The mazes are all screen locked so you need to get used to it otherwise you are going to get raped. The second link is a link to an old project I was doing to upgrade Maze of Honor 2 into a gateway maze between average mazers and professional mazers. Maze of Hell is an evolution of the "Gateway" Project. You'll be able to easily see that.

I suggest going to the second link first so you can sorta get the hang of things. Don't give opinions on the second one though. It has terrible flow, is pretty random, etc. Give opinions on the first one, ok

If I redid a bit to lower the difficulty and include my new features to turn this more into an RPG with my very own combat system etc, do you think this project would be worth continuing if I kept to the quality I displayed in Maze of Hell (v01k)?

That is my question

Txtx

Btw, I just read the rules and I guess I followed them all in a sort of chaotic way, heh : P.

Level 31
Maze of Hell is only a temporary name (if I continue it) until I think of something better. Remember, this isn't really going to be a maze of I continue it ^_^

If I don't, well, obviously it won't be updated and will just be another alpha project that was never done.

Anyhow, the actual map name is Maze of Hell (v01k) : o

<< Is being silly right now because he had such a bad day -.-

Level 9
Like most maze games it's just too hard and too unforgiving. Make a respawn system so we shouldn't have to open the map every time we die. It looked good from what I saw but I couldn't get past the first puzzle, because after reloading the map three times I got bored.

The puzzles were a lot more creative than the usual though which is good to see.

Level 31
The update would be more like an RPG and less like a Maze like I said

You'd start the game off with 2 lives, but more lives are possible as you go thru the game =).

You can even farm lives.

Btw, it was originally made to test the best mazers in the world... so at the time, the difficulty was ok, lol. For the update, the it will all be changed as I keep saying =).

If you are the legend of mazing, you should try this and give me full feedback. If you aren't, I'm afraid you won't last more than a few seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.