• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Max Attack speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hi, I was trying to increase attack speed of some unit, but i cant reach more than 4 attacks per second.

Variables:

Hero Attributes - Attack speed bonuse per agility point: 0.04 (the hero has 600 agility)
Animation backswitch point: 0.00
Animation damage point: 0.00
Cooldown time: 1.50

Maybe i forgot something, any ideas?

Level 24
-80% to 400%
Basically *5 or /5 as max.

But your "solution" could work.
I mean, it does work, but there is a calculation problem applied to it then.
When you have -80% (a bit overexaggerated, but for lower numbers this is the same), you have 20% of you basic attacks as damage.
When you gain 20% attack speed (still -60%), you then have 40% of your basic attack damage.
If you started at 100%, then you would have 120%, which in that case only increases your damage output by 20% instead of 100% (from 20 to 40).

It also does a really bad job when you have in fact a number of other attack speed decreasing effects which in turn would not affect the attack speed any more because it is at the low cap.

A different "solution" would be to replace the unit using a reversed transform ability (Hero Passive Transformation) and have the other unit have a higher base attack speed.
Here, you still have that calculation problem, but not the cap problem.

A better solution would be to code basic attack behavior.
:D
It is quite hard to do so, so I recommend either of the "solutions" above... or dont make it increase above 400%.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
In WC3 you need to carefully manage your attack speed so that you do not approach or hit the 400% limit. This can be achieved by disabling attack speed scaling altogether leaving it to rare/valuable sources such as buffs and items. It is generally a good idea to disable attack speed from agility in RPGs where hero stats exceed 100.

SC2 allows one to manually set the attack speed cap. Although the fastest attack rate is limited to 16 attacks per second (lower than WC3), one can boost a unit with 1 attack every 10 seconds to that with enough faster attack speed buffs.

In WC3 you need to carefully manage your attack speed so that you do not approach or hit the 400% limit. This can be achieved by disabling attack speed scaling altogether leaving it to rare/valuable sources such as buffs and items. It is generally a good idea to disable attack speed from agility in RPGs where hero stats exceed 100.

SC2 allows one to manually set the attack speed cap. Although the fastest attack rate is limited to 16 attacks per second (lower than WC3), one can boost a unit with 1 attack every 10 seconds to that with enough faster attack speed buffs.

The script I linked too provides the ability to bypass 16 and even 32 attacks per second and easily get past 400% limit without the use of 1000+ dummy heroes/units of the same just to have a lower set attack cooldown. Though it might have a few disadvantages however there is workarounds for all of them, just maybe a decimal number of visual delay.

Hi, I was trying to increase attack speed of some unit, but i cant reach more than 4 attacks per second.

Variables:

Hero Attributes - Attack speed bonuse per agility point: 0.04 (the hero has 600 agility)
Animation backswitch point: 0.00
Animation damage point: 0.00
Cooldown time: 1.50

Maybe i forgot something, any ideas?

You could use extra invisible heroes/units to try to bypass the limit as well if you don't know how to use the script I linked.

Status
Not open for further replies.