• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animation Speeds are off {time of waiting before projectile is launched after anim.}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Well, I just got done mathematically balancing my new mechanics for Strength and Agility, and what I ended up with is a 5 sec cd on attacks for all my heroes, and 14% increased attack speed per point of agility. So, the actual attacks commence at the speed I want them too, but the models have split second swings in between seconds of staring. It would be like .2 seconds for the model to take a swing or launch projectile, then for the 1-1.5 second wait between attacks, they do nothing. How can I slow the animation to match the actual attack speed better? Perhaps there is some way to drawout the swingback. Preferrably without changing the base attack cooldown or the % increase in attack speed. I don't want to rebalance.

Level 2
I tried doubling them, but there was no noticeable difference. I'll go fiddle with them a little more.

EDIT: *slaps forehead* I maxed them out and noticed it was actually detrimental to what I was trying to accomplish. So I reset them and cut them in half, and it's perfect. I was going the wrong direction. >.< Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.