• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Massive lag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Ok so, I made a map and if you play it online it causes massive lag over time(like 7 min in the game it starts lagging then 8 min it lags more then 9min it lags even more etc.) And if a player leaves it gets a little better for a while. So i checked for memory leaks and fixed all, then I used the Leak Checker program and it found none.. :sad: could anyone take a look? :cute: (I could send a unprotected version in a PM) Ty.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Sounds like loop leaks. Basically you get a series of code running repetitivly with no end but you keep on making more of them.
Especially prone with GUIs retarded wait unti condition is met.

Also, I could advise optimizing any perodic events from 0.01 to atleast 0.03 and making them in JASS for even higher execution efficency.

Level 5
The map doesn't use sound triggers, the periodic event is 0.03, only 1 repeating timer that expires every 60s (repeating timers don't leak right? and even if they did I can't imagine one leak every 60s causing massive lag) for the rest i checked it a million times and I cant find it.. could anyone look at it?

EDIT: there is actually a sound leak but that is every 120-400sec, can that cause massive lag that gets a little better as players leave?

Last edited:
Level 19
The map doesn't use sound triggers, the periodic event is 0.03, only 1 repeating timer that expires every 60s (repeating timers don't leak right? and even if they did I can't imagine one leak every 60s causing massive lag) for the rest i checked it a million times and I cant find it.. could anyone look at it?

EDIT: there is actually a sound leak but that is every 120-400sec, can that cause massive lag that gets a little better as players leave?

Maybe all the hosts were laggy?

Level 3
Hmmm, do you use alot of custom models and such maybe the map has to big of a file size to play online correctly without lag?

Level 3
Well i dont know what to say usually lag like this comes from leaks in the Jass code of the map but maybe its just your computer?

Level 3
I guess that solves it? You need jass to clean up your leaks.

yea depending on your gui triggers... if youve got very comlex GUI triggers the world edit triggers will be very confusing and slow down your map. Especially if you have many triggers and variables. Just get to know Jass it will clean up your maps code very easily

Level 2
Leaks

PM me the map, I will see if I can find something wrong.
Doubt it but it's worth a try. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.