Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Massacre at Virginia Tech! (sad)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by iCrayon, Apr 17, 2007.

1. SuPa-

SuPa-

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The only thing I didn't get about the VT shooting is that no one tried to stop the shooter... But that's just too much to expect I guess... And yet some saved others lives at the costs of their own when they could've done the same while stopping OTHER lives being lost as well, by taking down the shooter with them, and maybe some help.
    Sorry if this offends someone, but it's the truth... Many lives could've been saved if a few people just overcame their fears of a guy holding a gun.

2. iCrayon

iCrayon

Resources:
    Resources:
    spud man, would you try and fight a crazy korean with a gun? :(

3. SuPa-

SuPa-

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No, not by myself... Maybe with 5 other people I would (and there were a lot of people there)... And there'd be a good chance only... 2 or 3 would get shot?
    By the way... I think my name is SuPa-, not "spud man"

4. Sansui

Sansui

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    yea it doesnt make sense, 10-20 people in class, they could have all charged at once and took him down long before 30 people got shot. But its human nature to run and hide to save yourself.

5. iCrayon

iCrayon

Resources:
    Resources:
    spud man i guess your right...but i could take him...*cough* he might pull out some crazy jackie chan or jet li moves...MAYBE ONG-BAK MOVES!

6. Chriz.

Chriz.

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Jesus, it's a serious thing that happened, how can you just joke about it so stupidly?

Some people really amaze me sometimes.

7. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I concur, that joke was tasteless in the extreme. 32 people just died, and you want to joke about oriental fighting stereotypes? Just wow.

I suppose that they certainly could have overpowered him, but honestly, it would be insane. You would have to have a lot of balls to rush a gunman weaponless. It's just not realistic to have the people band together, all they're concerned about is the fact they are completely vulnerable, the other guy has a gun, they don't, and that one shot from that thing could end their life. If all that was going through my head i'd want to get the hell out of there too.

8. lorothrigs

lorothrigs

Resources:
    Resources:
    Alright, how about you try having a guy rush into your classroom and you take him out. We have this little thing called "survival instinct", it kind of helps(well helped, we don't really need it anymore...) us survive. Don't criticize what you have never been through. Honestly, we can all imagine ourselves jumping over a desk and just pwning the dude. But in reality, how many people would actually be able to get themselves to do it?

9. dofys

dofys

Resources:
    Resources:
    The killer would probably kill at least 40% or more of the class if they charged at him. Maybe just like 3-5 people if he sucks at shooting or is afraid.

10. Jacek

Jacek

Resources:
    Resources:
    Found this:
    Poland ftw

11. Razorbrain

Razorbrain

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ever seen My Super Sweet 16 on MTV? now, that made me want to kill, and im not joking now, i really want to kill those damn spoiled girls

call me crasy, but my friends that was watching with me agreed

12. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Wasn't he a WWII vet?

13. Ham Ham

Ham Ham

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Forbiding people to buy weapons is a very bad idea.
    A bandit can enter in your house absolutely certain then you dont have a gun. he is absolutely certain there is nothing that can harm him. He can enter, kill and thief sure that doesnt any danger.

14. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    But how can he possibly harm you if he doesn't have a weapon? If you don't have a weapon, then he doesn't, unless he smuggles it, in which case penalty would be very high, so it would [hopefully] be unlikely. Even if he has a knife, a household item can easily defend against that, and your chances of surviving being stabbed are greater then your chances of surviving a bullet wound.

15. Herio-san

Herio-san

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Likewise, if he entered my house and knows i have guns. The penalty would be higher.
    On a seperate note, It was illegal for the shooter at VT to have the guns anyway (he was in the country on a visa from what i understand which makes selling weapons to him illegal). Not to mention the serial numbers on the sides and butt of the guns were filed off (also illegal). Besides, whos to say someone didnt buy the guns for him?
    As far as the lisencing/test debate goes: Even with lisences/tests etc. Who's to say someone wouldnt buy a gun for someone else? Theres no preventing it.

16. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah, but if you're ever caught using the gun, for any purpose, legal or illegal, you're screwed because you don't have a license to use that gun, or own that gun.

17. The guy who needs help

The guy who needs help

Resources:
    Resources:
    if no 1 can get his hands on guns this wouldn't have happened
    thats all i have to say

18. Chriz.

Chriz.

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That's the same as saying "If guns were never invented this couldn't have happened."

If people couldn't get their hands on guns, history would be completely different, and probably half of us wouldn't even exist.

19. iCrayon

iCrayon

Resources:
    Resources:
    chriz has a point there

20. aarkshark

aarkshark

Resources:
    Resources:
    Pfft. Amature.
    But, for real.... Thats pretty bad. Seriously, that guy had some serious issues, either mentally or socially. (IE:Bullied into depression. Depression=Anger, anger=rage, rage=homicide.)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007