• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Company of Heroes: D-Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I'm sure we've all atleast HEARD of Company of Heroes. A great RTS, great graphics, models, textures, sounds, music, story... hell, it's my favorite game! I've decided to jot something down ere' for your reading pleasure... note, you may want to brush up on some information about WWII and the famous Operation Overlord before reading, because that's what I'm focusing on in this one.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Company of Heroes: D-Day
1: Bootcamp
"Good morning ladies!" shouted our Drill-Sergeant, "Sarge", as we called im'. It was six A.M. on the dot, which meant it was time to dress up, stretch, and get ready for more training. Bootcamp's are like that, you know? Sarge walked up to one of my good buddies, Jimmy, and pushed him out of his cot since he was still dozin' even after the horns sounded.
"Rise an' shine, sleepin' beauty!" he said with a chuckle. "Nap-time's over! Let's MOVE, ladies!"

Jimmy stumbled off the floor and began dressing up as fast as possible, trying to ignore the other boys' laughter. About half a minute later we were up and in formation, waiting for Sarge to direct us to our daily courses.

"In the begining..." he began, "God created the world. After he finished his work, he decided to make the U.S. military. He gave the infantry divisions warm coats for the cold nights. He gave the Navy nice caps to show off to the other guys. He gave the airbourne division gloves to warm their hands. And then he gave the Jerries a bunch of bunkers with MG42 nests, Flak 88's, Panzers, panzees, and the rest of them. And then God said, 'Let there be another damned world war!' And only then, did God say that it was good." He cleared his throat and continued. "God gave Eisenhower the power to elect officials and officers to command you wannabes! I am one of those officials. As a Drill-Sergeant, it's up to me to make sure you ladies are in top shape for kicking kraut ass! Am I right!?"

"Sir yes sir!" we shouted in reply.

"Damn straight. Now you ladies get your lazy asses goin' to the obstacle course and the firing ranges! I wanna see some muscles movin'! MOVE OUT!"

And with that, the soon-to-be squad split up into halves. My half hit the firing range, the other, the obstacle course. Jimmy and our buddies Jenkins and Patterson stood shoulder to shoulder before Sarge, who told us to pick up the first weapon of the day: the Colt 45'.

"You better not point that damned thing at me, or I'ma kick your ass weeks before the Jerries get a chance! Stand in line and shoot downrange! You can only leave if you hit those bulls'-eyes dead in the center! Got it?!"

"Sir yes sir!"

"Good! I'ma let Major Brian over here babysit ya'll while I go and check out the other half of ya'll at the obstacle course." And with that, Sarge left, and we got down to business. Jimmy opened up a conversation with the rest of us while he was nearly-missing his target.

"Hey Tommy! Ya' like the speech Sarge gave us today?" Jimmy asked me, shoving another magazine into his Colt.

"Yeah! I never knew he had such a 'bright' sense of humor, eh guys?" I answered back, firing another round.

"Reminds me a bit of Jackie... poor bastard, had to run the obstacle course!" chuckled Patterson with glee.

"The day Jackie clears the obstacle course is the day you fire a single accurate shot, Patterson," said Jenkins with a big smile on his face.

"Your lucky I don't go over there and turn your big smile into a big bruise!"

"Yeah, I guess so. Or do I...?"

"Hey, hey, hey! Less talking, more shooting! I wouldn't disappoint Sarge if I were you!" snapped Brian from his watchtower.

About a few weeks later, we were all officially a single squad, and were awarded the rank of Private.

"With some luck and some faith in 'the Lord', you may just make it to Sergeant yourself one day! You men make me proud! Good luck on the battlefield!" said Sarge, waving at us from our base camp in Boston. We were all saddled up and ready to go. We were headed to the harbor, where we would be loaded up onto boats and head to Normandy for Operation "Overlord". General Eisenhower had announced that it would be the biggest land, air, and sea offensive in history of modern warfare. But I have my doubts about this operation... just a funny feeling in my gut...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There you have it. Part one of my Company of Heroes story, inspired by the video game, the war, and by PainMoth's historical war stories. R+R (rate and review), please!

Level 9
"Hey, hey, hey! Less talking, more shooting! I wouldn't disappoint Sarge if I were you!" snapped Brian from his watchtower.
I think this is something a soldier wouldn't say. Who cares if my comrade gets punished?
Nice plot anyway. You always write nice stories, but how do you use them?
I think that putting them as background for Warcraft maps would be wasting them. Too few people would read them... But I could ask the same thing to anyone who wrote in this section.

Level 15
I don't really use them for personal stuff you know. I mean... making a good story is one thing. But taking it and putting it into a map -specifically, a Warcraft III map- isn't always the best idea. However, if someone steps forward and wants to try it, by all means! I just want credit for the story.

About Brian: some soldiers might care about their comrades, some might not. This guy is the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.