• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

A Hero's Journey...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
This is something I was inspired to write down after hearing some... remixes of a game I used to love.

A hero's journey is long and hard. It will always consist of battles and conflicts, and he must always sacrifice the things he loves and wants most for the benefit of his people. To walk the hero's path, you must sacrifice the things that YOU love and want for the people, for if not, who will? Do not fear, for the hero does not walk alone. He has many companions and many friends who will help him along his perilous journey to right the wrong. Will he be successful, and cleanse the world from evil? That is not certain. The odds are against him. But a new wind is blowing, I can feel it. I can feel that our hero has a hope. He will save us from our impending doom. Why will he do it? Because he is brave, and will do what needs to be done to protect us. And what will I do to help him, might you ask? I will walk beside him, travel his same road, walk through the same cave. And I am not alone, either. Besides us is an army of people loyal to their country. Together, we will fight the darkness. Together, we will not let the forces of darkness prevail over the good. Together, we will not fear. Together, we will follow in the Hero's footsteps, and become brave, selfless, and strong. Together, we will not fear...

And in the end, the Hero will finally earn his rest. But it will not be for long, for he is needed elsewhere. And now we stand here, watching our Hero ride off on horseback. Who knows when he will return? No one. But we know that he will when the time is right. Great Hero, we salute you. We give you the blessings that each of us could muster. Be brave, be strong, and be safe.

Rate and review, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.