• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

A message to all of you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyday, we try to cross the roads, waiting for the stop-light to become green. It is said that a person wastes 3 months of his life, waiting for the stop-light to turn into green.
If we consider the cross-walk as the cross-walk from life to death, we should realize that the stop-lights are the guardians of our lives.. They may not be what we call "God", but at least, when we get mad with the traffic jam, in the "other" cross-walk, the one of our life, traffic jam is what it keeps us alive.
Consider every car as an experience to you. The more the cars (meaning the more experience we acquire), the better we will be prevented from crossing the road of life to death.
Think of the car being an important thing to you, think that you should not be on a hurry to live, think that the stop-lights will guide you.. The stop-lights are you; no one else can control your life, except for yourself. Don't regret for what you've done, because that was a reason to delay your arrival at the other side of the road.. Show your love to all the people who love you, so that you are not alone when cross-walking.
And by the time you arrive at the other side of the road, you will turn back for a while, realizing that life will be going on without you: the cars will be still making their way and families on the other side of the road will be waiting for the stop-light, smiling, trying to make their own cross-walk..

~Pharaoh_

Level 9
I think the allegory doesn't work very well.
People fear death, and death comes suddenly. These pretty big and important things aren't shown by your metaphore. And you can't use the stoplight as the symbol of something good. Everyone hates those bastards.

Also, I noticed your avatar has boobs. Hm.

Level 7
Jeez, have you ever tried persuasive writing? This is fairly well written, and pretty darn good compared to whatever i can write But if you ask me traffic jams don't keep me alive. They make me late to work and get me fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.