• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] Mass Edit Units/Abilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Is there a way edit something for more than 1 object at a time.

For example if I want to set the model of 10 different units, all to the same model. Currently I would select each unit and change that field on each one.

Is there a way (in the World Editor or otherwise) to do this en mass?

Level 24
Copy paste the field as far as I know, or copy the unit itself and do so that way.

If you're making a progressively stronger unit I would suggest using the new triggers to directly modify there stats upon creation instead of creating multiple units.

Level 8
Is there a way edit something for more than 1 object at a time.

For example if I want to set the model of 10 different units, all to the same model. Currently I would select each unit and change that field on each one.

Is there a way (in the World Editor or otherwise) to do this en mass?
I'm not aware of a way to do this.
However, if you need 10 different units with the same model, you could probably use a trigger to achieve whatever difference you want in them instead.

Level 7
Jeez all you had to do was copy paste the field like Devalut said.
You can also copy paste the unit you wanted to base some fields on, in this case, unit model.
I think in this case it was pretty easy to do it that way, but if let's say you have 300 different unit types and you want to set their all of their scale from 1.00 to 0.90 I would prefer pr114's method :D

Status
Not open for further replies.