• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Marvel vs DC

What's better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
If there was option like 'anime' I'm pretty sure almost everyone would vote for it.

My personal opinion is that the both do very wrong many things, especially how the characters 'look'. I mean look Superman. He has boxes over his cloths!

Anyway, can you tell me what is different between these two options? I'm not really a fan as you've probably get my opinion but I'm still interested. Really.

Level 32
Well, I hope that I can qualify for that answer. To be honest, I have not read a legit comic in my life. So, movies, shows, and movies will do.

DC: Better with Sci-Fi, more popular/classic heroes (Superman and Batman are by far the most popular) , more realistic looking movies, CGI looks better, sticks with the bold image.

Marvel: It feels more for the modern world, people like the action-like image, most characters can compare to real life (Tony Stark is depressed and jokes around), open to different ideas, sometimes a little cheesy.

Marvel:
Iron Man, his personality is great, but they made 4 movies with him. The last one, 3, had the worst plot comparing to the other movies.
The Avengers, (movie) was not too bad. One thing, WHERE IS SPIDERMAN?
Spiderman, cheesiest teenage hero.

DC:
Green Lantern, the movie sucked. Plot sucked. Green costume is dumb
Batman, all of these are dark intense movies, but still PG-13
Superman, well, up and down. New one deserves an A+, they fixed the costume and the way he is portrayed. He isn't this, super popular smiling hero anymore that waves to American crowds while flying.

Well, I'm done for now. I know I probably messed something up, and an expert will hunt me down. These are my opinion/pov.

Level 2
I fine the only problem is that most people think that they are the same thing or get the two mixed up

Level 11
I don't really read comic books but I do watch a lot of movies and TV shows.

I chose Marvel cause I love most of the movies Marvel heroes are in.
But I do also love DC for Justice League back when it aired on Cartoon Network (Dark Knight films are pretty awesome as well)

Level 30
I'll kinda vote for both of them, both comic companies did a good fray of my childhood back then ranging from comics, cartoons, toys, and those blind bags you get from candies.

The only thing that disappoints me are those people who executes them in such a wacky manner, like the movies for example its not DC who's getting shunned at, if you look back at some of Marvel's early releases of movies like Daredevil, Hulk 2002? and the Spiderman 1-3 they were all misplaced, funny and it turns out more of a comedy than an action movie.

As I said it earlier, its not the fictional characters, its the real people who makes them and doesn't have a clue how to make it more accurate and because of being money pigs, they just go for it.

And some for the movie mistakes:

Level 4
This is quite hard, I like DC more than Marvel, but I do not 'not like' Marvel. It's just that most of the characters I like are from DC, and only a few in Marvel.

Status
Not open for further replies.